We have a new and exciting role available in our Gardens Team.
Salary: £25,000 pa
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours per week (including 1 hour paid lunch break)
Closing Date: 4 August 2021 at 5 pm
How to apply: Please send your CV to HR@lincolnsinn.org.uk
To be responsible for maintaining the ornamental lawns at the Inn to a high standard. He/she will also join the team in general gardening duties, when necessary, throughout the year. It is essential the candidate is highly motivated, with a ‘can-do’ attitude and skilled enough to be able to work unsupervised.
The following list of duties is indicative of the nature of the post. Priorities, timescales and standards will be set in agreement with management, recognising the level of professional competence of the post-holder.
- Maintenance of the grounds using pedestrian and ride on mowers
- Renovation of grass areas by applying fertilisers, scarifying, and aerating and other spring and autumn lawncare activities
- Control of lawn pests and diseases
- Irrigation of lawns using portable sprinklers and automated systems
- Edging and strimming
- Leaf clearance in the autumn/winter
- Weed spraying
- General gardening duties including hand weeding, pruning, digging, planting, and watering plants
- Helping receive deliveries, which involves manual handling of bags ranging from 20-25kg
- Obtained an NVQ2 or above in green keeping/groundsmanship/horticulture (or other recognised equivalent qualification) or qualified by relevant experience
- Spraying certificates (PA1 and PA6A)
- Valid driving licence is essential
- Ideally 2 years’ minimum experience of greenkeeping or horticultural background Experience of caring for amenity lawns and/or playing surfaces Previous experience of using a wide range of turf care equipment. For example, mower tractors, cylinder and rotary mowers, and a wide range of turf renovation equipment, as well as hedge cutters, strimmers and similar equipment. Previous experience of grounds maintenance, ideally in an amenity landscape. Experience working in a high-profile public or private garden desirable.
- Ability to work as part of a small team, as well as being able to use own initiative.
- Must possess a ‘can do’ and positive attitude with a customer focus at work
- Physical fitness and strength are required by all applicants as this role involves the ‘heavier’ side of garden maintenance, operating machinery, and heavy lifting.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the latest health and safety legislation, especially when using equipment and chemicals
- Basic maths and literacy skills for calculating and recording chemicals used
- Demonstrate good planning and organisational skills with an ability to look ahead Good communication skills for dealing with users of the Inn and other members of staff
- Flexible approach to meet the nature and demands of the Inn’s business
- Able to demonstrate honesty and integrity in everything you do
- Meticulous approach to work when attention to detail is essential
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weathers