Be part of a small but extremely successful new team setting up a business to support families in Cannock and the surrounding area.
Cannock Chase Crematorium opened in April this year offering a refreshingly different funeral experience. We offer all the love, compassion and respect due to families when they lose someone special, in a stylish facility set in beautiful grounds.
The funeral ceremony hall sits in 12 acres of grass and woodlands which is home to a wide variety of animal species. Most of the land has been kept unspoilt and we aim to encourage more wildlife through careful habitat management.
Within this space sits The Fair Lady Memorial Gardens, offering a beautiful setting for families to relax after a funeral service or to visit in the days after the service with attractive walks and spaces for quiet contemplation and remembering.
We are looking for a 5th member of our successful team to help us present our memorial gardens and other outside space at the crematorium in a way which reflects the excellent standards of care we offer bereaved families. The space must offer a sense of tranquillity for families looking to spend time here reflecting and remembering.
We know that for many families choosing a lasting memorial tribute to someone special is an important part of the grieving process. Working closely with the Management team you will develop creative, sensitive memorial areas for families.
You will also play a key role in our environmental policy developing wildlife habitats to encourage birds, mammals and insects to visit the ‘natural’ areas of the site.
The successful candidate will be happy to undertake the training required to obtain a cremator technician licence allowing them to cover the cremation process during holidays and busy periods.
We are a small team and we need every member to be ready to cover every role within the business.
To be successful in this role you will
- Have 3 years grounds maintenance and green space management experience.
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge of professional landscape maintenance, operational safety and best practice.
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge of maintaining gardening equipment and machinery.
- An interest in wildlife.
- A passion for delivering high quality horticultural services which are sympathetic to our users needs.
- Have strong organisational skills and the ability to plan work effectively within the resources available.
- Take pleasure and pride in delivering excellent customer service.
- Have practical skills and a creative approach to problem solving.
- Show empathy and compassion in emotional situations.
- Have a flexible ‘can do’ approach and be willing to learn whatever skills are required to make our team successful.
- Have a desire to build strong working relationships with your team members.
- Demonstrate close attention to detail.
- Show professionalism and integrity in all your interactions.
- A willingness to work some evenings and weekends.