Gardener : Full- Time
Requirements essental : Full Clean UK driving license (Needed )
Skill: Formal horticulture qualification at least to RHS Level 2
Rowan Landscapes specialises in soft landscaping and high-quality garden maintenance. Alongside this we spend a lot of time working in schools to help teach children how to grow fruit and vegetables.To begin with you will be looking after the grounds doing general garden maintenance but at some stage in the future you will be trained to work with the children to grow vegetable, fruits and flowers.
This is a hands-on role and you will need to be able to demonstrate experience of working unsupervised in your past employment history to be considered for this position.
A competitive salary of up to £25,000 a year for a 40-hour week is available for the right candidate, depending on experience and qualifications. General working hours on site are 8am – 5pm.
The position requires a fully enhanced DBS certificate to be in place prior to being able to work in these schools.
You must have good attention to detail, be able to work efficiently to a high standard and independently without any supervision and be able to fill in weekly timesheets detailing the work carried out. A clean UK driving license and van driving experience is essential for the right candidate.
This is an all year-round position and is conditional on written verifiable references being received and successful completion of a six month probationary period.
Skills & Qualifications:
Duties specific to this role will include amongst other things, mowing, strimming, weeding, pruning, planting. leaf collection, hedge cutting, digging over gardens etc. You must be able to use the machinery used for these jobs. Employees are expected to have a flexible working attitude as this role will include litter picking and watering where necessary. You must enjoy working outdoors in all weathers and have a keenness and enthusiasm for the work.
The work will be a mix of maintenance, soft landscaping, and planting projects. The majority of the work is in schools but there are a few office jobs and large exterior gardens to look after too.
The ideal candidate will have the following
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar position
- Full Clean UK driving license with van driving experience
- A good knowledge of plants, pruning, lawn care, pest and disease identification
- Soft landscaping experience
- Formal horticulture qualification at least to RHS Level 2 or equivalent
- Friendly and polite with good client skills
- Fluent in English - Good work ethic – reliable, punctual, hardworking and able to work in all types of weather
- Physically fit with excellent teamwork abilities
- Ability to write weekly timesheets detailing the work carried out