Hard Landscape Manager
An exciting new opportunity has opened for a Hard Landscape Manager to join our well established and dynamic team at Cameron. Based in Notting Hill, Cameron is a successful domestic and commercial garden design, build and maintenance company established over 20 years ago. Experience in construction and landscape gardening is essential.
This position offers the right candidate a fantastic opportunity to work on some top end and innovative garden designs, within an expanding company. This role bridges the gap between the office/design team and the onsite teams. It will require exceptional organisational skills and onsite management to ensure domestic projects are profitable and run to time. The candidate will be self-motivated, with excellent people skills and will enjoy working with a growing Project Management team
Role and Responsibilities:
- To oversee and manage all onsite domestic projects across Cameron Gardens encompassing all material ordering and site programming.
- Completing multiple installation projects to strict deadlines and budgets ensuring profitability.
- Preparing and supporting the office in implementing and managing health & safety and quality procedures e.g CDM, RAMs etc.
- Liaison with clients, subcontractors, designers, and other external contractors on site.
- Resourcing and managing subcontractors, developing strong relationships covering all disciplines within hard landscaping.
- Resourcing and procurement of materials and developing relationships with suppliers.
- Overview of hard landscaping quotations to ensure accuracy on labour and materials for both small and large-scale projects is achieved throughout.
- Produce accurate schedules for each project and amend according to delivery on site in conjunction with the Product Delivery Manager.
- Supporting the design team by ensuring the designs are structurally viable.
- Identification of variations and additional works
- Line management of the hard-landscaping team, encouraging continuous development, ensuring every individual reaches their full potential. To be managed through objective setting and annual appraisals.
- Take an active role within the management team, following processes and leading by example.
- Attend staff meetings
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in the trade.
- Excellent construction knowledge
- Experience in managing people
- High level of organization, and efficient time management
- Excellent attention to detail with high expectations of a high-end finish
- Excellent leadership skills; ability to communicate and negotiate effectively verbally and in writing
- Extremely self-motivated and committed to achieving excellent results
- Ability to multi-task and flexibility to re-prioritize
- Confident IT skills and use of all Microsoft Packages; Excel etc
- A full driving license
- Excellent salary depending on experience - £35k-£45k
- Ongoing training and development
- 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Discretionary annual bonus
- To work on exciting projects with innovative professionals within a successful, opportunity giving company.
Hours of work: 40 hours a week
Please send CV and covering letter to Anna Neill, Operations Director by clicking on the Apply button below.