An exciting opportunity has opened for an estimator to join a well established and dynamic team producing estimates for Domestic and Commercial Landscaping projects. Our client is a successful domestic and commercial garden design, build and maintenance company established over 20 years ago.
To be successful with your application you should have knowledge of the landscape industry (soft and some hard) be happy to work as part of a team, have previous knowledge of pricing works, be methodical, computer literate and possess a mathematical and practical approach to this role.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop their career and grow with the company.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support the Senior Project Managers with quotations; entering quantities and pricing for line items.
- Researching the cost of items such as materials, transport, labour and equipment
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with contractors and vendors
- Getting quotes from suppliers and contractors within a specified time frame
- Provide provisional costings (PC Sums) for new leads/enquiries
- Conduct an analysis for each project comparing initial quotes/pc sums to finished costs for the PM team to learn from any pitfalls
- Contribute to creating a pricing document for ease of quotations
- Resourcing and procurement of materials and developing relationships with suppliers and manufacturers
- Supporting the PM department in preparing, implementing and managing health & safety and quality procedures e.g CDM, RAMs etc for all projects ahead of installation
Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years experience within the landscaping, construction industry
- High level of organisation and efficient time management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Accuracy with numeracy
- Confident IT skills and use of all Microsoft Packages; particularly Excel
- Ability to multi-task and flexibility to re-prioritise
- Customer handling and negotiation skills
- Team player with ability to work independently
- Experience reading and understanding technical design packages and translating them into quotations/ provisional costs.
- Excellent salary depending on experience
- Ongoing training and development
- 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Discretionary annual bonus
- To work on exciting projects with innovative professionals within a successful, opportunity giving company.