Our Client provide a wide range of grounds care, cleaning and maintenance services. They work in both public and private sectors and pride themselves in their quality service.
You will report directly to the Business Owner and provide a direct link between the Business Owner and the daily running of all contracts. You will be responsible for ensuring that the customers’ requirements are met through the delivery of a safe, compliant service that meets financial targets through the effective and planned use of company resources. He/she ensures that the daily programme of works is correctly communicated to the operational team and that works are completed to all contract specifications.
- Ensure that all grounds maintenance staff are fully equipped each day with the necessary tools, equipment and materials to complete required tasks.
- Undertake regular site visits to ensure that operations are carried out to the appropriate quality, frequency and timescales.
- Ensure that all contracts are fully manned with the correct number of appropriately skilled and trained staff.
- Plan for seasonal demand variations and have contingencies in place for leave and absence to ensure that all contractual obligations are met and maintained.
- Create an environment where staff realise high levels of trust which leads to excellent attendance, competency, loyalty and retention.
- Keep abreast of all legislative and market sector developments to keep the company at the forefront of service excellence.
- Carry out all duties in a manner and style that reflects the businesses values and respects all employees and customers.
- Ensure each member of operational team is trained and competent for the tasks and duties they will be undertaking.
- Review staff performance regularly.
- Develop annual training plans for all team members to promote continuous professional development.
- Conduct regular Toolbox Talks with the operations teams to update on company news, Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality priorities; and operational best practice and developments
- Provide regular (monthly) reports to the Business Owner.
- Ensure all systems and procedures are in place for the effective work of operations teams in a compliant manner, implementing company policy as appropriate and recognising authority limits for role.
- Proactively take responsibility for all Health and Safety matters relating to staff, sites, contracts and vehicles, equipment and machinery.
- Create a positive safety culture where everyone works efficiently and safely, risks are mitigated and injuries to do not occur or are a rare occurrence.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with ISO 9001,14001 and OHSAS 18001 guidelines and our own company policies and procedures.
- Develop new working procedures, as appropriate.
- Work closely with the Business Owner to ensure that all vehicles, equipment and machinery used to deliver all contracts are properly maintained. Ensure that any damage is effectively reported and any required actions arising deal with promptly.
- NVQ 4 in Amenity Horticulture or similar (preferable).
- PA1, PA2 and PA6 qualifications or similar (preferable).
- RHS horticultural training or equivalent.
- Health and Safety training to a high level
- Experience as a Manager, preferably within the industry.
- Full UK Driving License.
- Strong experience in running operations.
- Knowledge or Grounds Maintenance.
- Awareness of Health & Safety Legislation.
- Flexible attitude and ability to cope with pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Physically capable of working with the machinery on jobs, as it is necessary to cover when the need arises.