A fundamental cog in the Cameron wheel, the Operations Manager will have a true understanding and overview of the working of the key Cameron departments. It is both a proactive and reactive position; on the one hand installing systems that enable effective and efficient work-flow and on the other reacting quickly and confidently as projects and situations change. Fundamentally the Operations Manager will facilitate the happy, smooth and efficient running of Cameron to enable the delivery of our premium product and therefore delighted clients.
Workflow Overview (key objective for first 3-6 months)
Work with department heads to ensure their department/team reach their full potential both independently and collaboratively with the other disciplines.
- Work with all department heads to drive all disciplines and collaborative approaches through the business to improve client satisfaction and project quality.
- Ensure correct procedures/systems are created/implemented and followed to ensure efficiency throughout the team to enable strong communication between departments.
- Delegation of responsibilities and supervision of all work providing guidance and support to the team. A good understanding of who should be working on which project to ensure that the individual’s skills are being used to the best effect.
- Umbrella knowledge of what is going on with all teams, at all times, in order to establish that the projects are running smoothly.
- Support and guide department heads through the various business processes.
- Working with Head of People set comprehensive goals for performance and growth. Identify areas that may need more resource.
Project Management (key objective for first 3-6 months)
- Overseeing the PM department – ensuring the department runs smoothly and effectively and projects are managed and planned.
- Determine the most effective structure of the department to ensure all areas (quoting/PM etc) are afforded focus and time.
- Making sure the most effective structure and systems are in place and followed so that all team leaders know exactly what they are doing on site/when and that they have all correct documentation, materials and tools.
- Ensure that communication is happening both ways from foremen/PM; they should work together to ensure smooth installations.
- Ensure all logistical elements of the project are in place and pick up any loop-holes; includes consultation, time management, communication, problem solving and all other aspects of operational up-keep.
Company and project forecasting
- To have an awareness and understanding of current and potential sales and ability to evaluate and thus ensure the operations side of the business supports the financial agenda.
- Undertake project profitability reviews to analyse the success of the projects.
System Quality Control; ensure client and supplier feedback is reviewed and acted on to ensure product selection and documentation is accurate and in keeping with Cameron’s standards.
- Assist where requested to resolve operational or emergency situations and complaints management.
- Cover all operation aspects of the business, securing the functionality of the business to drive extensive and sustainable growth
- Responsible for the efficiency of the business as a whole; its tidiness, tools, materials and making sure that the managers have enough supplies of all the staple materials (delegate work).
- Dynamic, energetic, team player, who is experienced in management
- Lead from the front and by example
- A positive proactive approach to work. The ability to prioritise duties and good time management
- Outstanding efficiency and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail and pedantic about quality.
- Strong ability to use initiative and take ownership for completing tasks whilst coping with a fast-paced office
- Must be able to realise whether a job has been done to a required standard
- At least 3-4 years leadership experience in a managerial role
- Must demonstrate a desire to continue learning
- Relevant visa/work permit
- Must be a great communicator
- Strong IT skills including good knowledge of MS Excel – any other system knowledge
- Good analytical skills understanding the importance of profits/performance
- Approachable and committed to wider company engagement
- Detail orientated
- Demonstrates resilience to pressures
- Able to multitask and rearrange priorities
- Ability to foresee where there may be issues before they arise
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership and ability to get the best out of individuals