SALARY: DOE (23 days paid holiday, profit share scheme, pension, continuous onthe-job training)
LOCATION: Kensington, London, and Home Counties
JOB DESCRIPTION: GARDEN MAINTENANCE FOREMAN
LOCATION: Based within M25
REPORTS TO: Director of Aftercare
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Board of Directors
DEVELOPMENT PATH: This post progresses into Aftercare Management
START DATE: 2 nd August 2021
HOURS OF WORK: 7.00 am - 4.00 pm
NEAREST TUBE STATION: High Street , Kensington
You will be joining a new team to maintain the gardens at a prestigious location in Kensington, 5 mornings a week. You will have some experience, or be familiar with, working in private gardens and/or private households. The afternoons will be spent at other client’s gardens in and around London and the Home Counties.
We’re looking for a Garden Maintenance Foreman to join our Landscape Design company.
Specifically, we’re looking for someone who is communicative, conscientious and experienced in garden maintenance. Most importantly, you’ll be enthusiastic to progress your horticultural skills and learning.
You’ll be working on a diverse mix of projects in some of the most desirable locations in London and the Home Counties. From our own landscape designs to high-profile designer projects and private spaces, you’ll be working in both domestic and commercial spaces.
For an ambitious and dedicated Garden Maintenance Foreman, this is an exciting career opportunity to develop personally and work with the best in the business in a progressive and creative company.
• You’ll help manage garden maintenance for an exciting mix of landscapes – from small gardens, to city courtyards, modern roof terraces and large country gardens
• You’ll diagnose and treat problems in plants and keep disease under control
• You’ll work with garden irrigation systems
• You’ll liaise with clients – listening to their needs and ensuring satisfaction
• You’ll work efficiently to tight deadlines, whilst keeping to health and safety and quality procedures
• You’ll arrive promptly for work and keep any appointments you make
• You’ll join in with our company events and socials where possible, helping to build relationships with team members
• You’ll uphold our company values, outlined in our employee handbook
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• You’ll have at least 3 years of experience in gardening, with 2 of those in a team leader or foreman role
• You’ll have strong communication skills – as you’ll need to provide great customer service, as well as being able to listen and effectively communicate with clients, staff and managers
• And you’ll also be able to effectively manage a team
• Ideally you’ll be qualified to at least Level 3 or equivalent (eg. RHS National Diploma etc.)
• You’ll have PA1 / PA6
• You’ll be able to use a range of small machinery
• And ideally you’ll have a full clean driving license, with experience in van driving
Landscapes are in our DNA – we design, plan, build, plant and tend them for private individuals, businesses and organisations. We’re convinced that landscapes have the power to enhance lives – something we work hard to make happen every day, for all of our clients.
We’re a diverse team, but we all share some important core values. Trust, excellence and creativity are the everyday metrics we use to measure our work. More than empty corporate values - engendering trust, demanding excellence and nurturing creativity are how we run our business and create value for our clients and for ourselves.
We’re an established business with a 25-year plus heritage, but we have a forward-thinking and values-led culture. You’ll be working in a knowledgeable and friendly team – where you’ll have the chance to work on innovative and exciting projects, whilst dealing with high-net-worth individuals and corporate clients.
You’ll also get access to our amazing benefits: our profit share scheme, 23 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays), a smart uniform, continuous on-the-job training, plus external training courses (such as ROLO Health and Safety Awareness, Emergency First Aid at Work, Working at Height)