A Commercial Landscape Manager is required to manage and assist in procuring both hard and soft Landscape Commercial Projects. As a Commercial Landscape Manager, you will oversee a strong team, be part of a company who are committed to staff development and training, and ensure the company always retains its high profile by carrying out all your jobs to a high standard.
In your role as Commercial Landscape Manager, you will be managing and overseeing all Commercial hard and soft Landscape Projects. Whilst predominantly being office based you will be required to visit sites to review progress, meet clients as well as oversee staff. You will work directly with the Company Directors and Operational Manager to assist in advancing the Landscape Construction Division, securing new contracts and business development. If you are an experienced Commercial Landscape Manager who has gained this expertise within the Landscaping Sector, please send you cv now for this excellent opportunity.
- Reporting to the Directors, you will be office based but will visit site to review progress, meet the clients and designers to ensure the project is on track.
- Manage and oversee commercial projects throughout our operational locations.
- Liaise with the Contract Supervisor to organise staff on sites to achieve maximum efficiency and profitability whilst not compromising standard of work.
- Meeting financial targets for each project, reporting any concerns immediately to the Directors. Regular meetings/updates with clients, keeping them abreast of progress.
- Work collaboratively with the Landscape Architect, Sales Team & Operations Teams to ensure that mutual goals are achieved.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time & within budget
- Build strong working relationships with all members of the team
- Using your communication skills, you will also regularly meet with the Contract Supervisor on site to ensure jobs are running smoothly. Carry out team appraisals and assist with recruiting new employees.
- Weekly programming of jobs and staff, with regular reporting of job progress - on time and on budget.
- Liaise with the Construction Office Team in sourcing and ordering materials for projects within budget and ensure that supplies & materials are delivered to site, including management of machinery movements and allocation to sites.
- Provide support to the Landscape Team to fully ensure projects are delivered in line with company values.
- Oversee Contract Supervisor’s management of staff on site and subcontractors with the aim of achieving maximum efficiency and profitability without any compromise to reputation and high standards of workmanship.
- Build strong working relationships with all members of the team.
- Assist with the development and promotion of the Construction Division.
- Full Time Permanent position.
- Proven track record as a Commercial Landscape Manager within the Landscaping Industry - 3 years’ experience minimum.
- Must be knowledgeable in the Principles of Leadership and Management in Land Based settings or similar.
- Attained Diploma/NVQ or similar in Horticulture (hard and soft landscaping) essential
- Manager/Supervisor CSCS Card or similar essential.
- Sound, demonstrable in-depth knowledge, and experience in all aspects of soft and hard landscaping with clear understanding and ability of setting out sites and first- class health & safety knowledge essential.
- Impeccable knowledge of plant, shrub, and tree species.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in contractual pricing, with proven record essential.
- Ability and first-hand experience in raising valuations and payments on account. crucial.
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills.
- Second to none, positive, proactive, and hands-on attitude with a very critical eye for detail.
- Solid experience of materials, construction methods mixed with an ability to tie the hard and soft landscape areas together.
- A team player committed to achieving the best results.
- Advanced knowledge of project budgets.
- Show flexibility in approach to work & working hours crucial.
- Have passion and drive for the role.
- Have good problem-solving skills.
- Display good interpersonal skills, building strong relationships with all parties.
- Must possess a full Driving Licence.
Benefits to you
- Salary up to £38,000 dependent on meeting criteria
- Company Vehicle
- 28 days including Bank Holidays
- An exciting environment with lots of opportunity to grow your skills and to develop the Construction Division.
- Well established secure company
Reference ID: CLM2021