Location: Glendale - Gatwick Airport, Crawley, West Sussex
This is an outstanding career opportunity with a market leader providing green services to private and public sector businesses.
Glendale Gatwick is seeking to recruit a Contract Supervisor/Junior Manager to assist the Contract Manager with the smooth day to day operations of the Ground Maintenance activities that are carried out in and around Gatwick Airport.
Candidates ideally should have prior experience at a managerial level, supervisor or team leader and fit into a professional yet friendly operation with an emphasis on quality. They must be able to fully focus on the requirements to maintain the very highest safety standards whilst ensuring that all stakeholders' needs are at the forefront of all decisions and actions.
Responsibilities will include :
● Contribute fully to the effective planning and delivery of the works and operational teams within the contract area
● Participate and innovate in securing the long-term future of the Contract
● Provide the day to day leadership required to meet objectives
● Maintain and build relations with existing stakeholders
● Direct the operational activity of the Contract to meet requirements as set by the Contract Manager
● Maintain a sound organisational structure, assisting in the recruiting, training and motivating staff within the Contract as required
● Monitor the performance of the operation through agreed reporting procedures.
● Safeguard the company’s image and credibility
● Take responsibility for health and safety and actively participate in the maintenance and improvement of the overall Company Health and Safety culture
● Ensure the maintenance of Quality Standards in particular the application of the Company Quality System. Ensure the Quality System is maintained to BS EN 9001 standard at the contract
● Ensure the maintenance of Environmental Standards and compliance with the BS EN ISO 14001:1996 standard at the contract.
The ideal candidates will be flexible in style and thinking with an open, friendly personality. They will understand and subscribe to the importance of working as a team.
The role will require the candidate to access all external areas in his/her role and as such, in addition to personal references the candidate will have to provide a personal reference, a minimum of 5 years employment reference with any gaps larger than 28 days to be additional referenced, evidence of security clearance will be required and to provide an up to date CRB check.
What can Glendale offer you?
● Competitive salary
● Generous annual leave
● Free gym membership for you and a nominated person
● Employee health cash plan
● Employee discount portal - discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
● Cycle to Work scheme
● Pension Scheme
● Company sick pay
● Career progression
● Training and development
Glendale is a well established business that is continuously growing. Successful applicants can look forward to joining a company that can offer career prospects and believes in investing in its people.
How to apply
To apply and receive a full copy of the job description for this position, please send a letter of application & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org