Our client are recruiting for a Horticulturalist to join their team.
This Park is part of a huge portfolio and includes thousands of acres of parkland.
They are currently looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable horticulturist to join the team in Windsor.
Key tasks will include planting, weeding, pruning, grass-cutting and general maintenance.
You will hold a horticultural qualification to RHS Advanced certificate or NVQ Level 2, and have previous experience of working in a private or public garden. An understanding of the maintenance and presentation of woody and herbaceous plantings together with an excellent general knowledge of plants is essential. You must be well organised with a keen eye for detail and be able to demonstrate strong communication and team working skills.
They offer an excellent package including competitive salary, discretionary bonus, 25 days holiday and private health care.
The job holder will be part of a team who will maintain and develop the gardens and associated areas to the highest horticultural standards.
Essential functions of the Job:
To carry out day to day maintenance and seasonal planned work, including:
- Grass cutting –using pedestrian and ride-on mowers
- Weeding and herbicide application
- Turf maintenance work
- Young tree maintenance including formative pruning.
- Shrub and rose bed maintenance.
To undertake a range of horticultural development tasks:
- Turf laying and seeding
- Tree and shrub planting
- Bulb planting
- Path laying and re-instatement
- Drainage and ditching work.
- To conduct all duties in a professional and safe manner with due reference to relevant risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- To wear all appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
- To implement agreed plans and instructions from the Team Supervisor.
- To maintain high standards of horticulture in all areas.
- To ensure that all interactions with visitors are conducted in a courteous and professional manner and to always represent the sites' best interests
- To ensure that all machines, tools, and equipment are appropriate for the task being undertaken and that all machinery records are kept up to date.
- Formal Qualifications – RHS Level 2 Certificate in Horticulture or equivalent
- A diverse knowledge of horticultural techniques
- A solid knowledge of plant identification
- Proven practical experience in horticulture
- A practical knowledge of tool and machinery use and maintenance
- Excellent attention to detail
- PA1 and PA6 Certificates
- Hold a valid driving license
- Enthusiasm and a desire to make a difference
- Creativity and the ability to achieve high standards
- Effective communicator and comfortable working in an at times public facing role
- Well-developed people skills
- Demonstrates initiative
- A flexible approach
- An understanding of the importance Health and Safety