An exciting opportunity for an estate gardener with strong skills to join a 100-year-old estate on the Oxfordshire / Berkshire border. The privately owned estate is set within 90 acres with gardens comprising a mixture of mature and decorative ornamental features set within a beautiful landscape. The estate has modern equipment and staff facilities.
An experienced and knowledgeable Gardener is sought to become part of the team on a stunning, private estate near Wallingford. We are seeking a candidate with a relevant horticultural qualification, ideally who has previously worked on an estate. The successful candidate will be able to work alongside the existing team.
The estate is privately owned and is meticulously cared for by the dedicated team of gardeners, of which you will become a part. The large garden includes extensive lawns, fine turf, mature shrubs, herbaceous and rose borders, fruit/ vegetables, glasshouses, fruit cage and wildflower meadow.
Hours are 8.00-4.30 Monday to Friday with very occasional weekend work.
Annual discretionary bonus.
A fantastic opportunity awaits the successful candidate.
Candidate must be willing to undergo security checks including a DBS check.
- Good practical skills in soft landscaping and grounds maintenance
- Wide range of machinery skills including strimmers, leaf blowers, mowers and tractor driving etc.
- An interest/experience in fruit and vegetable production would be an advantage
- Knowledge of plants, garden management and broad range of horticultural skills
- Horticulture qualification or experience working in a horticultural environment
- Physically fit
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to inspire colleagues and work as part of a team
- Enthusiastic, self- motivated, and flexible
- Understands sensitivity of working within a private estate
- Understands health and safety issues relating to gardening and public spaces
- Previous experience working in a quality garden or park
- First aid qualification or willing to undergo training
- Driving Licence