(Full Time – 45 hours per week - including weekends)
We are looking for a Plant/Horticulture Manager to join our forward thinking team. Working in the plant area is a high volume environment with a fast turnaround. The successful candidate should be physically fit as this is a very hands on role. A good knowledge of plants is essential to the role as is good customer service and a high standard of visual merchandising.
The successful candidate will possess either a horticultural qualification, will be in training or had practical horticultural experience
- Actively working in the daily horticultural tasks of the Centre.
- Assisting the Centre Manager to maximise sales and profit by ensuring the efficient and effective management to Company standards, of the commerciality, merchandising, replenishment and housekeeping across the Garden Centre.
- Establish and maintain high horticultural and retail standards.
- Manage and support overall plant health within the Centre.
- Lead and motivate the staff in their team.
- Manage stock control of the department.
- Support Centre Manager in daily H&S tasks and paperwork, ensuring Health & Safety standards are always adhered to and maintained.
- Generate ideas and assist in the development of even better methods of working within the department.
- Help to achieve a high standard of customer service.
- Assist with complaints and queries from staff and customers.
- Assist where needed with the recruitment, training, development and individual performance of staff within the Centre to a high standard.
- Carry out additional duties as and when required such as managing store and to attend events in the absence of the Centre Manger.
- Assist when needed to effectively and efficiently plan and manage key events such as Christmas, Bank Holidays and Season Centre change.
What we offer:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits include free car parking and staff discount for our Garden Centres and Restaurants as well as the Woodthorpe Leisure Park. If you would like to join our family run business and bring your ideas and talents to our fast growing company and forward thinking team we want to hear from you.
Please send your CV and cover letter to:
Alan Bright, Centre Manager
Applications close – Sunday 12th June 2021