MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To motivate and inspire the colleagues to work collaboratively to meet and exceed the expectations of the client. To ensure that this is done in the safest possible way while ensuring that all company regulatory and compliance requirements are adhered to.
To manage the day to day running of the contract/contracts, encompassing contract performance, delivery of contract objectives, client relationships, people management, safety conformance, community engagement and financial performance.
Contract Performance & Delivery
- To execute the contract to specification and budget, meeting the customers requirements and deadlines and exceeding expectations
- To utilise best, most economic and effective work practices
- Identify and execute opportunities for additional works with the client team
- Proactively manage all areas of delivery, in order to solve problems.
- Manage and plan work schedules for Staff on contract
- Identify areas of the contracts to improve performance.
- Ensure that the IT reporting system is fully utilised and the dashboard is used as the data centre for work completed.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours including evenings and over weekends.
- Establish and maintain excellent client relationships
- Attend and act as an ambassador at client or related events
- To be approachable and responsive to the needs of your colleagues
- To communicate effectively and confidently both on a one-to-one basis and in groups.
- To develop team work by effective communication and regular meetings
- To create a positive impression with the client and the communities, presenting a professional and proactive attitude
- To have a good understanding of the Company, its history, business strategy, objectives and position in the market place
- Ensuring that the needs for the communities and client are met as far as reasonably practicable.
- Manage the performance of all contract colleagues and assist in development.
- To give all colleagues the opportunity to discuss their work, problems and aspirations.
- Recruitment and selection of all colleagues according to Company procedure
- Manage any employee relations issues, utilising support from HR, within the parameters of Company policies
- Create and manage a contract specific training plan and keep training records.
- Manage the payroll inputting process to ensure timely and accurate payment to staff
- Adhere to HR processes and procedures, including managing the use of the HR Software System such as timely updating of the system with starters/leavers details
- Ensure the various pre-employment and annual checks are completed according to requests from central functions
Quality, Health & Safety
To understand the law relating to Health & Safety and understand and implement the companys Health & Safety policy
- To understand and implement risk assessments and COSSH
- To understand and work to agreed company procedures, in particular, operating within the Company quality system
- To be able to select the right machine for the purpose, understand the maintenance required and have systems in place to ensure maintenance takes place
- To show a rigorous concern for the security of company buildings, vehicles, machinery and materials
- To take ownership for contract depot/office site
- To ensure that all members of staff behave in a professional manner: wear the correct corporate clothing, keep vehicles and machinery clean and well maintained and that sites are kept clean and tidy at all times
- To understand and operate within the companys financial procedures
- To regularly monitor progress and review cost and expenditure to ensure that programmes/budgets are met
- Manage according to budget
- Track and solve any issues with regard to over expenditure and threats to budget.
- Utilise IT across every facet of managing the contract
- Communicate with colleagues across the Group in order to share best practice and pool knowledge and resources
- Feedback and take an active part in any cross Group initiatives/project teams
- Constantly striving to improve and change to deliver best value
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Complete all operational activities to contract schedule using the companies IT system.
- Keep all machinery and equipment breakdowns to a minimum by ensuring all company policies are followed regarding defect reporting and service scheduling
- Keep accidents and other H&S incidents to a minimum by implementing good working practices, training and adhering to company H&S policies.
Skills and Knowledge
- An ability to work collaboratively and get the best out of people.
- Excellent grounds maintenance working knowledge
- An excellent understanding of health and safety in the workplace.
- A good knowledge of contractual financial management
- IT literate and ability to use various software packages.
- We want someone that is kind and considerate and at the same time can deliver consistent levels of performance from the contract team.
- You will be a confident communicator with the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- You will have the ability to work professionally, efficiently, structured and organized
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Articulate and persuasive when talking to others to convey information effectively
- High level of enthusiasm
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills
- An ability to plan ahead and manage time
- Ability to manage when faced with numerous time sensitive deadlines