We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our clients growing business as a Maintenance Gardener for a prestigious portfolio of clients.
The beautiful high-end gardens are mainly based in and around London and Surrey, they are now looking for a maintenance gardener to cover new contracts in West and Central London but are alwasy looking for good people to join their team of mobile horticulturalists.
The successful candidate will have a recognised horticultural qualification and proven experience gardening in a high-end gardens, both private domestic and commercial sites.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- All aspects of horticulture; specialised and more general
- All aspects of lawn care
- Chemical applications and record keeping (PA1 & PA6 preferable but not essential) – subject to training and supervision as required
- Ground clearance and seasonal work
- Sweeping and maintenance of hard surfaces / furniture within the gardens
- Tending to beds, borders and containers
- Specialised pruning and trimming
- Maintenance / cleaning of water features and day to day maintenance of irrigation systems
- Safe operation of machinery subject to training
As well as exceptional horticultural ability the candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills / qualities:
- Cooperative and enthusiastic nature
- Ability to work positively in a team
- Willing to take direction and follow instruction as required
- Able to work independently and take ownership for work
- High levels of energy and self-motivation
- Strong attention to detail
- A pro-active and can-do attitude
- Good time-management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong work ethic
- Integrity and discretion
- A desire to develop personally and undertake training
A full clean driving licence required for candidates doing a mobile round.
A company van is part of the package.
We are able to offer a competitive salary for the right candidate, dependent on experience and qualifications and 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays. Uniform, PPE and relevant training will be provided.