Our North London-based is seeking a Hard Landscaping Team Leader to lead landscaping projects both individually and with the support of a team. This is a full-time role with great benefits for the right candidate. You need to have a full UK driving licence & experience driving a large van in London. You will have use of one of our vans or can use your own.
They are a successful independent garden design, build and maintenance company delivering high end commercial and domestic projects throughout London. We are passionate about sustainable gardening and promoting biodiversity. The successful candidate will share this ethos and will be committed to delivering organic, sustainable projects with minimal impact on local wildlife and the environment.
Due to a high volume of new clients and contracts, we are looking for an exceptional, hands on hard landscape gardener with a fantastic "can do" attitude to work both alone and as part of a friendly team.
The ideal candidate will be highly skilled in all aspects of landscaping. You will be confident in setting out from plans and managing the programme of works to deliver a range of projects varying in complexity from simple one day domestic jobs to bigger commercial projects with designers, within a strict budget and timeline. On smaller projects you may be working on your own or with just one or two labourers, and you will need to be able to manage these individuals appropriately.
You will possess strong technical skills, a high degree of personal responsibility and will be expected to competently manage teams undertaking ground works, high end paving installation, decking, fencing, brick and block wall construction (ideal, but not essential), installation of irrigation, carpentry tasks such as constructing benches, sheds, raised beds etc.
You will inspire your team to always deliver their best. You will support the development of our culture and a team who are extremely proud of the way they operate and the fantastic projects they create.
Overall and through your team you will be responsible for:
- Setting out of the site using precision and accuracy
- Taking a right first-time approach
- Installation of brick paving, natural stone paving and block paving
- Installation of decking
- Installation of linear fencing, pergolas, gazebos, and screens
- Concreting and screeding
- Installation of irrigation systems
- Ensure H&S and PPE is correct
- Training and development of junior staff
- Liaising with the office and suppliers regarding deliveries
- Organising any sub-contractors
- Working closely with the Managing Director, Operations Manager and Garden Designer on the critical path for the project
- Contributing to the ongoing development and improvement of the business.
- Proven ability to achieve/exceed business objectives
- Experience implementing quality standards and working to customer specifications
- Fluency in English is essential
- Need to be professional, polite & organised as you will be dealing with customers