Our North London-based clients are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Garden Maintenance Team Leader to run a small team of gardeners and ensure all grounds maintenance services are delivered to the high standard which meets our customers’ high expectations. You must take pride in your work and strive to consistently improve your knowledge & skills.
You will need to be passionate about sustainable, organic gardening and be looking for a career, as opposed to a stop-gap position. We are a family run business looking to grow and this will offer you the potential to progress within the business, with the right candidate eventually taking over more of the management aspects of the business. We are looking for a proactive individual who is happy to contribute to our growth and implement new systems and improve the way in which we operate. We are open to supporting individuals with additional training and horticultural qualifications.
The successful candidate must have:
- A full UK driving licence and experience driving large vans in London is essential.
- A proven record of accomplishment in grounds maintenance with a minimum of two years’ experience carrying out garden maintenance in a professional setting.
- Excellent horticulture knowledge.
- The ability to motivate yourself and the rest of the team - you must be a natural leader and take pride in getting the most out of your team.
- Previous experience operating a range of horticultural equipment including power and hand tools, push mowers, strimmers, hedge cutting equipment etc.
- Certificates in spraying (PA1 PA6) are preferable, but not essential.
- Experience of turfing & fencing desirable, but not essential.
- Excellent awareness of Health & Safety issues and implementing procedures.
- Be able to work at a fast pace, whilst still maintaining high attention to detail.
- Be physically strong & fit as the days can be tiring - no need for the gym!
- Experience implementing quality standards and working to customer specifications.
- Good customer and people skills.
- Be fluent in English.
- Be well presented, hardworking and polite.
- Reliable, honest & trustworthy.
Duties, in addition to running and directing the team, include mowing lawn, blowing & sweeping, pressure washing, weeding, planting, moss removal, ensuring all tools are present & maintaining them appropriately to ensure damage and loss is minimised, keeping the van clean, tidy & well organised so that tools can be found as and when needed and to minimise damage to plants & tools, being responsible for accurately logging jobs, being able to identify plants & prune using correct techniques and at the correct time of year, buying materials as needed, driving the vans, being responsible for customer’s keys, liaising with customers, liaising with management re job requirements & feedback from customers, being point of contact for site deliveries & temporary staff.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, annual performance related bonus, free travel on weekdays, a career with the potential to rise within the company, be part of a friendly open-minded business who genuinely care about the welfare & happiness of their employees & about making a difference in the world with our sustainable horticultural practices.