An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Full Time Contracts Manager to join this highly successful, multi award winning Landscape Construction Company, located on Essex/ Suffolk border. Previous winners at Chelsea Flower Show and will be entered again .
This is an office based position but will include site visits throughout the year.
This is a company who have earned a reputation for offering first class quality and service with many prestigious commercial and domestic projects completed and currently in progress.
The company is very forward thinking, professional and growing year on year.
They work with several well known designers who are always confident with any project completed by them .
What the position requires:
- Reporting to the Managing Director
- Sound and demonstrable knowledge all aspects of hard landscaping and a clear understanding of setting out sites.
- Solid experience of materials, construction methods with the ability to tie hard and soft landscaping areas together.
- The ability to manage and oversee commercial and domestic projects throughout East Anglia and occasionally London.
- Managing staff on site and subcontractors with the aim of achieving maximum efficiency and profitability without any compromise to reputation and high standards of workmanship.
- Regularly meet/update clients keeping them informed of progress at all times.
- Weekly programming of jobs and staff, regularly reporting job progress-on time and on budget.
- Sourcing and ordering materials from projects within budget.
- Managing machinery movements and allocation to sites.
- Meetings with team leaders to ensure jobs are running smoothly. Carry out team appraisals and assist with recruiting.
- A proven track record as a Contracts Manager within the landscaping industry - 5 years experience preferable.
- Demonstrable hard and soft landscaping experience together with first class health and safety knowledge.
- Numerate with very strong IT skills
- Exceptional organisational skill
- Exceptional communication skills
- A team player, committed to achieving the best results and promoting core values of the company
- A positive, proactive and hands on attitude and a very critical eye for details.
- CSCS card would be useful
- Driving licence essential
The Contracts Manager will be offered:
- An industry competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (inc bank holidays)
- Any training you think would be useful and enhance your skills
- An exciting environment with lots of opportunity to grow and for promotion
- Company vehicle
Hours of Work:
7.30am to 5.00pm - Monday to Friday
Please apply now to Jackie 07979501997 or Rebecca 07771655879