Why work for us?
WCG is one of the largest higher and further education colleges in the country with just under 15,000 students and around 1,500 staff.
Our values and culture are centred around entrepreneurialism and innovation and our aim is to create students who are ready for the professional world. We believe that the wellbeing of our staff is key to ensuring that we can deliver on those aims.
WCG is a friendly, supportive and prosperous place to work. Hear from our staff on what they think about working here on the video at the bottom of this page.
Find out more about all of the colleges that make up our group, as well as WCG Enterprises, our commercial arm which provides a wide range of additional services and facilities for staff, students, and the public.
We offer a number of college benefits:
- Generous holiday entitlement – 25 days for support staff, 35 days for lecturers and management; plus statutory public and bank holidays
- Pension schemes
- Childcare Vouchers – salary sacrifice scheme
- Free gym membership – available at most sites
- Discounted beauty therapy and hairdressing products and services at the college salons
- Employee Assistance Programme - a confidential telephone support service for you and your family to deal with life's challenges
- Cycle to work scheme
We have achieved several awards including RoSPA Gold and the Workplace Wellbeing Charter.
Our core values
At WCG we have four core values that are at the heart of everything we do:
- Put the student first
- Deliver the highest quality in all that we do
- Promote a fair, open and respectful culture
- Challenge and innovate
Equality and Diversity
WCG serves the wider community by practising equality of opportunity in everything it does.
We are committed to ensuring that everyone is given appropriate support and the opportunity to achieve their full potential. In fulfilling this, the group works proactively to ensure that no one is disadvantaged because of their age, gender, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, learning difficulty and/or disability.
As well as helping students to find employment and volunteer opportunities during and after their studies, we also help businesses to advertise current vacancies via our Jobshop.
Got a question?
If you need help please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org