This is an exciting opportunity to join our successful and growing, field-based horticulture training and assessment team. We are looking for a dedicated and motivational individual to use their knowledge and experience of the industry, to develop and support our learners in achieving their Apprenticeship, or work-based qualification.
You will be able to cover a range of business types within the industry including landscaping and sports facilities. You will visit learners in their work-based setting (Covid permitting), as well as delivering training remotely using technology solutions. You will be able to provide high quality, inspirational training, in conjunction with the learner’s employer and undertake formative assessments. If appropriate you will also be involved in providing internal quality assurance.
You will need:
- a minimum Level 3 qualification in Horticulture
- excellent communication and people skills and to be professional and approachable
- a willingness to support learners with Maths and English skills up to level 2 with the help of subject specific software
- competent computer skills and a willingness to learn to use e-platforms
- a valid driver’s licence
- a level 4 or above Qualification in Horticulture
- teaching experience in an FE or HE environment
- a teaching qualification at L3 or above
- TAQA L3 or equivalent and/or assessment experience
- TAQA L4 or equivalent
- an understanding of work-based learning
- GCSEs at Grade C or above in Maths, English
You will also need the self-discipline to manage your own time and workload and undertake the necessary administration required of the post to keep the company in compliance with relevant legislation.
This post is offered as either full or part time. You will work from your own home, delivering a combination of remote training sessions and face to face visits. You will ideally be situated in the Beds, Bucks, Oxford area, but other locations will be considered as we work across large areas of England.
Salary £24,000 - £26,000 dependent on qualifications and experience, plus travel expenses and pension scheme.
For the right candidate, we can provide the opportunity to undertake assessment and teaching qualifications as part of your CPD, if not already held.
Closing date for applications: 15th May at midnight