Exciting opportunity for an estate gardener with strong skills to join an historical estate on the Berkshire / Surrey borders. The estate is privately managed and is set within 200 acres. The gardens comprise a mix of mature and decorative ornamental features set within beautiful landscape. The estate has modern equipment and staff facilities.
An experienced and knowledgeable Gardener is sought to become part of the team on a stunning, historically significant, private estate near Ascot in Berkshire. We are seeking candidates with a relevant horticultural qualification, ideally who have worked on an estate setting before. You will require strong maintenance skills and good plant identification knowledge.
The estate is privately owned and is not open to the public but is meticulously cared for by the dedicated team of 13 gardeners, of which you will become a part. The large garden includes extensive lawns, fine turf, mature shrub/herbaceous and rose borders, mature hedging, vegetables and cut flowers, lakes, glasshouses, a cutting garden, perennial wildflower and annual meadows.
- Good practical skills in soft landscaping and grounds maintenance
- Wide range of machinery skills including strimmer’s, leaf blowers, mowers and tractor etc.
- Knowledge of plants, garden management and broad range of horticultural skills
- Horticulture Level 3 or 5 years working in a horticultural environment
- Physically fit with previous experience in similar manual work
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to inspire colleagues and work as part of a team
- Enthusiastic, self- motivated, and flexible
- Understands sensitivity of working within a private estate
- Understands health and safety issues relating to gardening and public spaces
- Previous experience working in a quality garden or park
- Chainsaw license
- First aid qualification or willing to undergo training
- Driving license
Hours: 7:30am – 3:30pm in the Winter season and 7:30am – 4:30pm in the summer season. Weekend work is required, which is on a rota basis, roughly on day per weekend once a month or every 6 weeks (depending on the rota and requirements) the Monday will be taken off for weekend work.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced CRB check.