Due to continued growth an exciting opportunity has opened for an Assistant Horticulturalist to join our well established and dynamic business. Our client is renowned for designing, building and maintaining beautiful and innovative and cutting-edge gardens is based West London and established over 20 years ago.
This exciting hands on role, where you will work closely with your Horticulturalist foreman within a team of two, offers the opportunity to work on top end gardens. You will need a love of and enthusiasm for plants and gardens. A good basic knowledge of horticulture and experience within the industry is required; a desire to learn and develop is vital. You will need to have excellent attention to detail, be good at communicating and enjoy being part of a close knit team, whilst being able to show initiative. You will be required to step up and head up the rounds on occasion so you will need to be confident and keen to work towards a team leader level role.
- Weeding and seasonal pruning and planting.
- Hedge cutting.
- Lawn mowing and border edging.
- Irrigation installation and repair.
- Planting of annuals and bulbs.
- Assist in the control of pest and disease
- Support the Horticulturalist foreman to ensure that your gardens reach full potential
- Ensure all tools, materials and plants are taken to site when required.
- Assist in day-to-day maintenance of yard.
- Ensure that the van is kept clean and tidy with a full set of tools. Reporting any problems immediately.
- Be punctual and look tidy and presentable.
- Cover other maintenance runs when required.
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are followed.
- Attend staff meetings.
You will need:
• 1-2 years + horticultural knowledge
• Experience of using power tools and maintaining gardens
• A desire to develop and learn
• To be highly organized and efficient at time management.
• Excellent communication skills to communicate effectively with clients, operations team and designers.
• UK Driving license essential
• Right to live and work in the UK
• Good level of spoken English
- Excellent salary depending on experience (up to 27k)
- Ongoing training and development
- 25 days paid holiday a year plus bank holidays
- Discretionary bonus
- Be part of an ambitious and fun team