Purpose of the Role:
To maintain exterior plants and landscapes on commercial client premises to the highest standard as consistent with company standard.
Main Responsibilities and requirements:
- To maintain plants by watering, cleaning, cleaning containers, topping soil and replanting when appropriate, removal of pests and diseases in plants.
- To identify necessary changes to plants using the appropriate processes as set by the company for the maintenance of standards and accomplish results.
- To work and cooperate as part of a team across a variety of locations, with the ability to work under own initiative.
- To take responsibility for the standard of plant care at all allocated job sites.
- To keep to allocated times in client sites and to inform your Manager of any revisions to time allocation
- To record and log documentation as required when carrying out your maintenance tasks.
- To record and log documentation as required - including timesheets, expenses, overtime, sickness and holidays on the companys portal / log.
- To ensure good relations with clients while acting as on-site representative of the Company.
- To carry out tasks efficiently and with professionalism at all times.
- To liaise with your Senior Technician, Team Leader or Head of Department to ensure stocks/supplies required for following day/visit are ready for your collection or delivery.
- To ensure you wear your uniform, that you are fully equipped including wearing PPE where required and your uniform is clean, presentable and tidy.
- Ensure tools, equipment, materials, containers and plants are properly taken care of when in use/transit and put away in the correct place when not in use.
- To report back to a Senior Technician, Team Leader or Head of Department any worries or concerns about your work.
- To create and maintain a tidy and organised work environment.
- To adhere to all Health & Safety directives and measures as required and requested.
- To be punctual
- To check rota weekly, and book yourself access in a timely manner to any client needing prior knowledge of your upcoming visit.
- Any other duties as appropriate to the post
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Horticultural knowledge essential.
- Excellent time management a must & to be punctual and reliable.
- Good interpersonal skills for dealing with clients and colleagues.
- Capable of working as part of a team and on your own.
- Confident to find locations around London and using maps. The majority of clients are based Central/West London but some are in the Suburbs.
- Experience driving in and around London is advantageous but not essential.
- Strong canddates who do not drive may be considered.
- Friendly and approachable.
- A positive attitude towards work duties and colleagues.
- Heavy lifting duties are required in this position.
- Proactive, committed, and effective team player.
40 Hours per week between - Monday to Saturday - 5 days out 6. 6.30 am to 2.30 pm with a 30-minute paid lunch break depending on business requirements. Some weekends in busy periods / out of hours work. Flexible working approved by your manager.
Bupa Cashback, Cycle to Work Scheme, staff canteen, training allowance, 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Salary will depend on qualifications and experience after 1 year’s service eligible for performance related bonus of up to £1000.00 per annum assessed quarterly.