At Squared we pride ourselves on being a great place to work, where everyone feels fairly treated and enjoys their work in a welcoming and friendly environment. We’re a not-for-profit housing association that has been providing affordable housing in Luton and South Bedfordshire since 1962.
We are currently recruiting for a Grounds Maintenance Manager (internally known as a Gardening Service Manager) to join our team. Working across Luton you will be carrying out regular checks and assessments to ensure our gardens reflect our high standards.
Responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Supervise and manage our gardening team and overseeing tasks including a range of gardening tasks and clearance work.
- Manage organisation expectations and dealing with and resolving all queries
- Plan and design gardens and landscapes, suggesting improvements for our properties
- You’ll ensure ensure all gardening tasks are carried out in line with relevant legislations
- You’ll be responsible for the department’s budget and will manage the use of resources and will control expenses.
- You have an understanding of all aspects of gardening services and will train all staff to ensure they can confidently deal with all aspects of their role.
The successful candidate will have experience in:
- Experience in a similar role with operational experience preferably within the gardening industry.
- Strong understanding of horticulture standards.
- Knowledge of safe working practices and H&S legislation.
- Competent IT skills
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- You must have a full clean UK driving licence with access to your own vehicle for work purposes.
So, if you welcome the challenge, have experience in a similar role and like to work in a collaborative and authentic way that gets results, we’d love to hear from you. In return we can offer various amazing company perks including great price cinema tickets, high street discounts and loads more!
Closing date: 30th April 2021
Interview date: Week commencing 3rd May 2021