Our Client is looking for a Landscape Site/ Project Manager to join their expanding Team.
Although they are a relatively new company their ethos and mission is to provide the best possible design and care from conception to completion with includes landscape architecture, construction and maintenance.
- Be capable of managing and programming multiple projects at the same time.
- Be responsible for the management of all aspects of the projects from inception to completion and for the project cost control, from project procurement through construction, ensuring financial targets are met for each package of works.
- Produce fully detailed construction programmes and ensure compliance through weekly meetings and discussions on a continual basis with Site Supervisors, Principal Contractor, client’s representatives, etc.
- Liaise with the design team and consultants on all technical construction aspects of the project delivery, comment on workshop drawings and details and advise of any inconsistencies or inappropriate works.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of duty of care to the client in relation to employing appropriate construction methods.
- Procure materials in accordance with the specification.
- Advise of any discrepancies between specification, drawings and budgets to iron out any financial inconsistencies.
- Ensure construction in accordance with the specification and drawings.
- Oversee change orders and the issuing of variations, site instructions, CVIs, CAIs.
- Be fully conversant with the UK Health and Safety at Works regulations and manage the Health and Safety policy of the company for multiple projects.
- Oversee and liaise with the Site Supervisor on Health and Safety of works on site.
- Manage the environmental requirements of the projects.
- Ensure compliance of the works to the CDM Regulations for the project works.
- Advise and report to the Directors on cost changes and variations in a timely fashion and update the project financial sheets accordingly.
- Be responsible for providing all supporting information (timesheets, invoices, costs, etc.) to the Directors on a monthly basis, by the valuation date.
- Ensure payment certificates are received by the certification date for each project.
- Ensure that payment is made by the final date for payment and chasing outstanding invoices for payment.
- Resolve disputes with sub‐contractors over quality and financial inconsistencies.
- Resolve disputes with the employer in a considered manner in the best interests of the Company.
- Report to the Directors on all aspects of project performance.
- Inspect and approve deliveries against samples received for the project to ensure compliance with the approved samples.
- Write and issue Method Statements, Risk Assessments, inspection plans and liaise with employer in relation to key
- performance indicators.
- Write and issue Operations and Maintenance Manuals at the end of each project.
- Be responsible for compliance with Quality Assurance procedures in accordance with ISOI 9001 certification.
- Daily photographic record of all construction stages, including completed work and critical packages to prevent future claims against the Company.
- Train, advise and encourage other members of the team on issues of continued personal development.
- Identify areas of training for other team members and propose appropriate training at all times.
- Ensure and demonstrate control and leadership through your senior position of the more junior staff on site.
- Ensure that all staff dress properly with company uniforms, appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Ensure that staff act to promote the best interests of the company.
- Understanding and mastering all the responsibilities expected of a Site Supervisor and more Junior roles in order to successfully manage their implementation on site.