If you offer grounds maintenance experience and good knowledge of machinery, this position offers an exciting opportunity to play a key role ensuring the grounds of this prestigious boarding school are maintained to an excellent standard.
At Uppingham School, the playing fields and sports facilities cover approximately 56 acres over three sites and cater for multiple sporting activities throughout the whole year. In your role as Grounds Person, you will take pride and a proactive approach in maintaining the grounds.
Working with the Grounds Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining sports pitches, including setting out and marking/over-marking pitches
- Operating mowers and machinery
- Maintaining synthetic surfaces i.e., AstroTurf
- The maintenance and storage of all sports equipment, including goals and nets
- The maintenance and repairs of all ground’s machinery
- Leaf clearing, litter picking, and debris clearing
- Roping off and preparing areas for events
- Ensuring all outside services are maintained, including drains, gutters and hard areas
Experience in mowing, aeration, fertilising and weed control is essential, as is the ability to use a range of machinery and equipment. A strong knowledge of machinery and sports pitch maintenance is equally important.
In return, Uppingham School offer a range of benefits, which include:
- 50% contribution to premiums for the School’s private health scheme
- Free membership of dual-use Sports Centre (£25 annual joining fee)
- Free staff lunches in term-time
- School fee discount for children of staff (currently 75% discount for a day place), subject to change at any time
- Retail, gym, supermarket, cinema and restaurant discounts (via Sodexo platform)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme which provides a range of support including counselling and legal advice
- Occupational Health Services to support staff who have health/medical issues
- Free annual flu jabs
- Recognised as a “Disability Confident” employer
- Recognised as a “Mindful” employer
For further details about this opportunity and to apply, please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 13th April 2021.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 20th April 2021.
Uppingham is committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and welcomes applications from anyone who feels they could fulfil the role.
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful candidates must be willing to undergo full screening in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education (KSCiE), including an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Issues relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils will be explored at interview.