Plant Nursery Assistant
Salary: £21,000, paid hourly, plus pension, discount across the nursery, 28 day annual leave.
Hours: Minimum 42.5 hrs per week, full-time permanent position, extra hours available during the season.
Holden Clough Nurseries is well established in the gardening world, with plants at the heart of everything we do and we are looking to continue to develop the nursery and build on the success of 2020
Nestled in the heart of the Ribble Valley our team of keen horticulturalists and gardeners enjoy working alongside each other outdoors embracing our world of all things garden since 1927
With the recent expansion of our growing field, new two story potting shed and other new developments at the nursery there is lots of potential to grow within the role and help develope the business along with developing your own skillset along with getting an understanding of how a plant nursery works.
Holden Clough Nurseries has an award winning reputation at numerous flowershows in the north of England with 23 consecutive gold medals for our displays of Hardy Plants which we look forward to being involved in again during 2021
We are looking for an individual to share the passion of the Holden Clough team and enjoy this very unique opportunity to work at a truly beautiful nursery and become part of our exciting journey.
- To be involved in maintaining the sales and growing areas to a high standard
- To have a good knowledge of plants to be able to help advise clients on plant choices
- Learn how to create attractive garden and plant displays in borders and containers around the site
- Be efficient and work in a timely manner
- To be involved in potting and production at Holden Clough in our growing field
- Grounds maintenance across the nursery working with our team of horticulturalists
- Be involved in watering across the site
- The right candidate must have a knowledge of plants and understanding of the horticultural world
- The ability to work as part of a team in a positive and proactive manner
- Good communication skills
- A good eye for colours, style and plant combinations
- A willingness to learn and develop within the role
- Ambitious, self-motivated, and methodical individual who can work on own initiative and well within a experienced team
- A passion for customer service
- Own transport is essential due to hours and location