** Required for immediate start. **
An exciting opportunity for an experienced gardener to join a small and prospering garden management company throughout Surrey, taking part in all general and specialist duties and assisting in the steady expansion of the business.
We are responsible for maintaining and developing several large award winning private gardens in and around the Surrey area and strive for the highest maintenance standards where attention to detail is key, providing a personal service, which is unique to each individual client. The gardens include duties maintaining, kitchen gardens, producing organic fruit and veg, propagation, formal beds/borders, manicured lawns, topiary and hedges, annual plant and garden management, amongst many other responsibilities.
As a member of the Your Garden Needs team, you must have comprehensive experience and knowledge of working in gardens to a high standard, an understanding of managing gardens annually, and dealing with plants with the correct horticultural practice. In the role you will have the opportunity to liaise with clients and potential garden designers, so a positive attitude and excellent communication skills are essential. It is important you have good teamwork skills and if necessary are keen to take instruction. Most of all, we would like you to bring a proactive and flexible approach to the role.
- Future prospects & increased salaries
- Training and career development are encouraged and funded.
- Uniform, wet weather gear and PPE are supplied.
- Paid overtime.
- 28 days holiday (includes Bank Holidays).
- Additional perks/ bonus
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within the industry managing a range of gardening skills annually.
- A relevant qualification in horticulture, minimum level 2 or a comprehensive understanding of plants, including botanical names, pests, disease and maintenance requirements.
- Comprehensive knowledge and use of general garden duties, organisation and management of gardens, pedestrian mowers, hedge trimmers, general garden machinery.
- Driving license.
- PA1/PA6 Spraying certificates.