(Full Time – 45 hours per week - including alternate weekends)
Bay View Garden Centre is an independently owned garden centre overlooking Morecambe Bay in North Lancashire. The centre has recently undergone a significant investment programme to extend and improve its facilities. The owners are committed to growing and developing the business further and are supported by a dynamic and enthusiastic management team who focus on delivering an exceptional and friendly service to their customers.
We are looking for a hardworking and passionate individual to join our team as Assistant Retail Manager. The successful candidate will work closely with the General Retail Manager in managing all daily operations and ensuring that we provide an exceptional level of customer sales and service. You will be involved in the day to day running of this successful and growing garden centre, and the position is permanent, full time, including every other weekend.
Key activities include:
- Supervising the team through daily duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring high standards of merchandising and replenishment are adhered to
- Providing the best possible experience, quality and service for the customers
- Ensuring the garden centre operates safely and efficiently
- Help develop new ideas and suggestions to grow sales and profits
- Responsibility for managing cash and other daily administrative tasks
- Ensure the store is clean, both on the shop floor and behind the scene
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of working in Garden Centres
- Have extensive retail experience
- Have an energetic personality with an ability to easily engage with and connect with customers
- Be able to use reports in order to improve performance
- Have an ability to manage stock from entry to exit within the centre
- Be an excellent communicator
- Experience of Visual Merchandising within a centre as well as the various departments being Gifts, Interiors and Christmas
- Be able to use an Epos system
- Have experience in maintaining and monitoring Health & Safety in accordance with all statutory, legal and company policies.
- Contribute to the success of the business as a whole
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.