(Full Time – 45 hours per week - including alternate weekends)
Bay View Garden Centre is an independently owned garden centre overlooking Morecambe Bay in North Lancashire. The centre has recently undergone a significant investment programme to extend and improve its facilities. The owners are committed to growing and developing the business further and are supported by a dynamic and enthusiastic management team who focus on delivering an exceptional and friendly service to their customers.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated Plant Area Manager. It is essential that you have a background of working in Garden Centres and a good understanding and knowledge of plants and associated retail products. You will also lead a small team in this position.
The Plant team pride themselves on giving their customers the very best in product quality and choice and work hard to constantly ensure stock availability, that high standards of plant care and quality are always maintained and that customers enjoy exceptional service and specialist advice.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and developing the team. Your focus will always be on the customer but you will also have responsibility for driving sales and profitability, providing a real sense of ownership.
The ideal Plant Area Manager will:
- Have experience of working in Garden Centres
- Have an energetic personality with an ability to easily engage with and connect with customers
- Have a creative and entrepreneurial attitude towards plant retailing
- Have experience in ordering stock and planning seasonal buys
- Have excellent knowledge of plants, plant care and maintenance
- Be able to recognise and act on sales opportunities
- Be meticulous to the detail in terms of product placement, standards, presentation, visual elevation and overall look and feel
- Have an ability to manage and develop a team
- Be able to use reports in order to improve performance
- Have an ability to manage stock from entry to exit within the centre
- Be an excellent communicator
- Be able to use an Epos system
- Have experience in maintaining and monitoring Health & Safety in accordance with all statutory, legal and company policies.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.