A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen in the heart of Norfolk’s countryside.
We are looking for an experienced Head Gardener to maintain a beautiful and majestic 21-acre Estate/Holistic Retreat.
We are looking for someone who can manage the formal garden, lakes, forest paths, chalk stream and water meadows to an exceptionally high standard.
Our Client has created a tranquil haven which allows their guests to unwind, slow down and restore.
This position would suit someone who is able to work with nature, allowing it to flourish, bring bountiful harvest, whilst creating a breath taking and attractive setting for their guests.
As the Head Gardener, we would expect you to be able to:
- Manage and maintain the external aesthetic vision.
- Operate and maintain garden machinery.
- Provide excellent plant knowledge.
- Understand the seasonal requirements of a completely organic garden.
- Manage a team of staff (gardeners, growers & volunteers) to maximise output and maintain aesthetics.
- Plan and schedule tasks, working towards long term goals/visions.
- Carry out all administration, budgets, purchasing and ordering.
- Collaborate on design of potential new areas and future projects.
- Work in conjunction with the Grower and Head Chef in managing and overseeing the output and development of the biodynamic kitchen garden (farm to fork).
- Spend roughly a third of their time planning and scheduling tasks and working towards long term strategic goals.
- Work collaboratively with the owner, who himself is a garden designer.
- Share their vision for the gardens to become healing and teaching tools for the guests.
The person needs to be:
- An experienced manager and leader who is approachable.
- Highly organised, tidy & proactive.
- Have Organic and Biodynamic experience.
- Capable of working symbiotically with nature.
- Creative with flair.
- Systemic & honest.
- IT literate.
- Sensitive to the subtlest workings of nature.
Our client is hoping to find someone who is hard working, trustworthy, honest and willing to go that extra mile.
Excellent working references will be required for this position. Car driver essential due to location.
Horticultural qualifications not essential but would be a real advantage. For more information, please contact Rebecca on 07771 655879 / Jackie on 07979 501997
Live out is preferable although accommodation could potentially be available for the right person