Our Surrey-based client is looking for a Maintenance Manager to lead and manage their growing horticultural maintenance team to deliver the highest standards of service to our customers. This person will be responsible for promoting horticultural excellence and best practice, they will act as an ambassador for the company and will take pride in meeting the expectations of our customers. This person will take ownership of the maintenance team and will be responsible for customer relations, leading a team, organising workload and delivering excellent quality of workmanship in a safe working environment.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Leading a small but growing team to ensure that a high quality of workmanship is delivered, and customer & company expectations are met at all times.
- Providing a responsive and professional service to our customers and delivering effective communication.
- Dealing promptly with issues arising and escalating them immediately to the company director.
- To comply with Health & Safety legislation and company policies and procedures. To continually promote and protect the wellbeing and safety of the team.
- To be responsible for planning and scheduling activity and ensuring resources are in place to deliver service in a professional and efficient manner.
- Commercial and financial responsibility for quoting, budgeting, procurement and upselling our services.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Essential - Level 3 certificate/Diploma in Horticulture, or a similar horticultural qualification
- Essential - Previous experience in a horticultural management role.
- Essential - Full, clean UK driving license.
- Essential - Must have a genuine passion for horticulture, the environment and current horticultural best practice.
- Desired - This person should be organised, self-motivated, innovative, proactive and an excellent communicator.
- Desired - A proficient level of financial and commercial acumen and an entrepreneurial approach