Our client is a small garden service company that operates in West London, providing professional garden maintenance, irrigation systems, and soft-landscaping services to domestic residential clients.
They are looking for an experienced Lead / Head Gardener, who is a motivated team player with a friendly, positive “can do” attitude, to carry out the daily garden maintenance appointments Monday to Friday.
This is a hands-on role where you will be provided daily schedules to attend pre-booked garden service appointments and regular maintenance visits throughout the day. You are expected to manage your time efficiently, carry out your duties at a very high standard, and deliver great customer service to your clients.
You will be provided with a fully equipped van and you will work with an assistant most days, but there may be occasions when you will work by yourself.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an ambitious, reputable company that is looking to grow and where you participate as a valued, long term member of the team.
- Maintaining client gardens to the expected high standard.
- Liaising and communicating directly with clients.
- Lawn care: Mowing, fertilizing, moss control.
- Plant, shrub and tree care: pruning, insect control, pest control, fertilizing.
- Paving/deck care: pressure-washing, bleaching, algaecide treatment, cleaning, sealing, oiling.
- Hedge trimming.
- Weed control.
- Carrying out seasonal required tasks and activities.
- Installing Spring, Summer and Winter bedding arrangements.
- Operating and maintaining water irrigation systems.
- Operating and maintaining tools and machinery: hand-tools, mower, blower, hedge trimmer, long-arm trimmer, scarifier, pressure-washer.
- Operating and maintaining your assigned vehicle/van.
- Transportation and disposal of green waste at local refuse sites.
- Daily completion and submission of timesheets and expenses.
- Secure handling and storing of client’s keys and security/alarm codes.
- Charging customers correctly and taking payments using your assigned card machine.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
Applicants for this role must meet the following criteria:
- Have at least 3 years garden maintenance experience working in a similar role for a registered company.
- Full clean UK driving license.
- Recognized horticultural qualification, or a very high level of horticultural experience/knowledge.
- Very presentable with good client facing skills.
- Fluent in English with very good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Pa1 Pa6 Pesticide Training certificate.
- Living locally in West London or within reasonable distance preferred.
- First aid beneficial but not essential.
- Experience in garden design beneficial but not essential.
- References will be required.