Our client seeks a professional with good experience managing commercial projects to be based in their SE London offices.
Reporting into the Managing Director you will lead on the specification and estimating of Landscape builds and project management. Supporting the Managing Director and designers in the technical design and delivery of landscape architecture and garden design projects to comply with company standards and industry best practice. You will be working closely with the Operations Manager to schedule and run projects.
- Responsibility for the effective and efficient management of a variety of landscape projects, including urban garden schemes and roof- gardens establishing general landscape requirements for clients/designers/landscape architects.
- Conducting checks, CDM updates and Risk assessments for your designated projects.
- Accurately interpreting detailed plans and working drawings, including applications, planting schemes, construction details and specifications for the project as well as producing supporting documents using computer-aided design (CAD) packages or similar design software.
- Identify aspects of a commercial contract that require amendment prior to commencement of works, negotiate terms and conditions with commercial clients and third parties, before agreeing legal documents that outline project deliverables.
- Preparing proposals to clients, dealing with enquiries and negotiating any amendments to the final design or cost package.
- Matching the client's wishes with knowledge of what will work best.
- Contacting and coordinating manufacturers and suppliers.
- Putting specialist works out to tender, selecting a contractor (mainly for larger projects or specialist works), and leading cross-functional teams.
- Making site visits at critical points.
- Ensuring deadlines are met.
- Issuing Valuations and recording project finances on commercial projects
- Liaising with other professionals on the project.
- Monitoring and checking work on-site.
- Authorising payment once work has been satisfactorily completed.
- Generating new business opportunities where appropriate.
- To follow all company policy and guidance in order to ensure the health, safety and welfare of self, colleagues and all other persons that may be likely to be affected by the work.
- To follow all company policy and guidance in order to ensure that work does not adversely affect the environment.
- To comply with the Employee Handbook at all times.
- To work alongside, encourage and motivate a team, plus create a sense of pride in the company and the work.
- To ensure team members are performing to company standards and meeting the client specification.
- To contribute to staff appraisal and identify training requirements.
- To contribute to a supportive and ambitious company environment.
- To coach staff as/when required.
- To take a proactive approach towards supporting general company-wide activities e.g. contribute to smooth running of Office.
- To complete project/site specific Risk Assessments for projects.
- To ensure that amends to design are included in the contracts/costings.
- Tracking and monitoring project timesheets and expenses.
- To assist the design director with checking drawings produced by the designers for construction issue.
Key Knowledge Key Skills
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of landscape and garden design construction, planting and principles
- Proficient user of Microsoft office and estimating packages
- Ability to prioritise tasks and delegate appropriately
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations in relation to garden builds
- Time management – works to agreed deadlines
- Understands and contributes to the principles, ethos and culture of the company.
- Ability to communicate with customers and colleagues fluently in English
- SMSTS (Site Manager Safety Training Scheme) or CSCS black card.
- Ability to provide clear and concise reports to customers in English