Well established family run garden centre with a sales turnover in excess of £5m seek an experienced Garden Centre Manager to work closely with the current owners. The centre has an excellent reputation as one of the premier destinations for plants in the South East as well as a diverse range of gardening sundries, gifts, pet, bird and leisure products. There is also a cafe on site which is currently under development.
The successful candidate will have a good track record within the garden centre retail sector and will work closely with the current owners holding a good level of autonomy for the day to day running of all operations, providing an exceptional level of customer sales and service. A knowledge of plants is preferable.
If you have the motivation to lead, possess excellent communication and customer service skills and enjoy the challenge of day to day management of a growing garden centre then this is the job for you.
- Work closely with the current owner to gain a full understanding of the business with a view to eventually taking responsibility for its day to day running.
- Challenge current working practises to strive to improve business efficiencies
- Develop new ideas to drive sales and service
- Have a “hands on” approach by leading from the front and setting high standards for customer service.
- Work with the current management team to maintain and enhance working practises including regulatory requirements.
- To lead and motivate an established and loyal team of employees who are engaged and passionate in everything they do.
This is a new full-time position working a rolling rota of 5 out of 7 days a week including weekend work
Full flexibility will be required during the main season (April-June).