Our client is currently looking for a Supervisor to organise and lead a team of 4 Grave Diggers in West London. You will be responsible for the safe, compliant grave digging operation ensuring the health & safety of employees, persons attending and officiating at funerals, visitors and any other person that may use a cemetery.
You will need previous experience in the bereavement services as well as leading a team. You will also need the ability to think fast and resolve issues in a calm, delicate and professional manor.
The successful candidate must be reliable and have excellent organisation and planning skills. You will also need to have the ability to motivate, train, direct and co-ordinate the grave digging employees and the use of plant and vehicles in the performance of the burial service.
The ideal candidate will hold:
COTS CEMETERY OPERATIVES TRAINING SCHEME
Full clean driving license
- To ensure that all employees under your supervision are aware of the Health & Safety at Work Regulations and Risk Assessments and that they use the appropriate PPE.
- Ensuring all paperwork is completed in accordance with the Bereavement Services.
- To make sure all reports and administration required by your manager and company are kept up to date.
- To assist and co-operate with Funeral Directors during funeral processions and burials within the cemeteries
- To ensure all communication with colleagues, clients and members of the public is courteous and professional and in line with core standards
- To ensure all tasks are completed to a high standard
- To ensure that the vehicles and machinery (including mobile phones) you are using are in good working order and being properly used.
- To assist hands-on when required.
- 20 days paid holiday plus Bank Holidays
- 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday – 7:30am to 4pm
- This is a permanent position paying the equivalent of £14.46 an hour
- Uniform supplied