Reporting to: Landscape Operations Manager
Aims Of The Job
To supervise and work as part of a team, undertaking a variety of landscape operations both hard and soft landscape work and comply with company standards and industry best practice.
• To carry out Hard Landscape operations as directed by your Operations Manager
• To carry out Hard Landscape operations with appropriate regard for third party property
• To follow all company policy and guidance in order to ensure that the work is completed to an excellent standard
• To perform any other duties that may be required by the Operations Manager
• To handle and dispose of waste materials – when necessary
• To operate a range of machinery, including power tools and light plant e.g. Kango
• To have a good general knowledge of methods and materials used within the industry
• To drive company vehicles as required.
• To follow all company policy and guidance in order to ensure the health, safety and welfare of yourself, colleagues and all other persons that may be likely to be affected by the work
• To follow all company policy and guidance in order to ensure that work does not adversely affect the environment
• To comply with the Handbook at all times
• To work alongside a team, plus create a sense of pride in the company and the work
• To ensure team members are performing to company standards and meeting
the client specification
• To contribute to Junior staff appraisal and identify training requirements
• To assist with the induction of new recruits
• To coach staff as/when required
• To be responsible for staff discipline at the first stage and comply with company policy and procedure
• To take a proactive approach towards supporting general company-wide activities e.g. contribute to smooth running of yard.
• To complete Site Specific Risk Assessments for each job
• To monitor/record the condition of vehicles and equipment used and to follow
company procedures when reporting damage, wear or neglect
• To provide a detailed timesheet each week for you, and check your labourers
timesheets are accurate
• To keep in regular contact with the customer/client, to ensure compliance with
specifications, workload, timescales etc
Vehicles and Work Equipment
• To ensure that vehicles and equipment are serviced as required
• To ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and tidy on a regular basis
• To ensure your team has all the appropriate health and safety equipment
- UK Driving license preferable
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Good level of spoken English
- Previous experience 2 years + in the following:
Paving, Decking, General carpentry, Irrigation, Turfing, Fencing.
- You should have the ability to communicate effectively with our clients, the operations team and designers.
- You should also be able to supervise, train and motivate landscape assistants and apprentices.
- Excellent salary depending on experience
- Healthcare and subsidised gym membership
- Quality work wear and tools/kit
- Ongoing training and development
- Up to 33 days paid holiday (28 rising by 1 day each year up to 33 days per year)
- Profit sharing Scheme
- Be part of an ambitious, fun and award winning team!