Exciting opportunity for an experienced, self-motivated gardener to work the established, but by no means complete, garden of Barwhillanty in SW Scotland. The extensive mature woodland garden is interwoven with ponds and a formal walled garden including a glass house and raised vegetable beds.
The gardens are occasionally open to the public through weddings and events. There are also a number of holiday cottages on the estate that require adhoc garden work.
Suitable qualifications and references essential.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate experience in the above and:
- Be able to work under his/her own initiative whilst maintaining exceptional standards of horticulture.
- Have an excellent understanding of trees, shrubs, plants and the natural environment
- Be hospitable and a good communicator both publicly and within the estate team
- It would be beneficial to be capable of undertaking the light maintenance of machinery
- Showing an interest in teaching may also be beneficial
How to Apply
Please send your CV along with a covering letter by clicking on the apply button below.
Applications in writing are preferable (including CV and copies of relevant qualifications) to:
Deadline for Applications: 8th March
Proposed Start Date: 1st May or Sooner