HEAD GARDENER REQUIRED
To lead a small team at large private gardens in North Wales near Ruthin.
Experience and enthusiasm will be rewarded by an excellent package including accommodation.
The successful candidate will answer directly to the owner with appropriate liaison with the Agents, other staff and departments as and when necessary
Introduction to the post
The gardens have been extensively reorganised during the last 10 years by Estate and garden staff. They include areas of formal walled garden, cube garden, orchard, potager, greenhouses and extensive lawns and mown grass areas, formal hedging and putting lawn.
The duties consist of the following:
1. Responsibility for the maintenance and upkeep of all garden areas including paths to a high standard including regular mowing, hedge cutting, topiary.
2. Responsibility and supervision of additional staff as and when necessary
3. Chemicals. You will be expected to carry out adequate measures of stock control and safe storage of all garden chemicals used in the garden and have appropriate certificates for safe use and application of chemicals.
4. Machinery Repairs. You will be responsible for the routine maintenance and upkeep of the garden machinery and keep a full inventory of all garden equipment.
5. Regular Meetings. You will be expected to attend regular meetings with the owner to include intended work schedules and most efficient use of their available labour and machines, use of casual labour, update of machinery repairs, general observations, planting and cropping programmes.
6. Greenhouses. You will be responsible for the correct operation of the greenhouses so as to provide and maintain existing stock of plants and increase and bring on new plants and varieties as and when required including the provision of house plants as and when required.
How to Apply
Please send your CV along with a Covering letter by clicking on the Apply Now button below.
Please also refer to the full Job Description attached below for further information on the role.
Accommodation is on the Estate and is situated in a lovely position in the open countryside.