Plant Nursery Assistant Manager
Salary: £22,000, paid hourly, plus pension, discount across the nursery, 28 day annual leave.
Hours: Minimum 42.5 hrs per week, full-time permanent position, extra hours available during the season.
Holden Clough Nurseries is a long established garden nursery in the north of England with numerous Gold medals for its award winning plants, 'A world of all things garden since 1927'.
Nestled within the Ribble Valley the nursery thrives as a traditional plant nursery with a core team of Individuals whos passion is for plants and growing . The nursery has recently undergoing a £1m development allowing us to extend our growing field, build a new Glasshouse at the heart of the nursery along with a two story Potting Shed and Demonstration Barn, Shepherds Hut and a Botanical Room. After a very successful year in 2020 we saw a135% increase in trade and we are looking to continue to grow and develop the nursery side of the business with growing plants at the heart of all we do across our site.
We are looking for an individual to share the passion of the Holden Clough team and enjoy this very unique opportunity to work at a truly beautiful nursery and become part of our exciting journey.
Our reputation is well established throughout Lancashire and beyond growing thousands of beautiful plants all outside in the north of England and also offering a unique range of everything else you will need for the gardening world.
If you love the ‘All Things Garden’ then Holden Clough is your desired place to work, we are a close-knit and young passionate team in this family run business. We look forward to hiring a new Assistant Nursery Manager who is looking to grow within the business.
- To be involved in the plant production across the nursery in our growing field using our potting machines
- To maintain the growing areas to a high standard
- To have a good knowledge of plants to be able to help advise clients on and off the nursery
- Creating attractive harden and plant displays
- Being involved in the reviewing and planning of production schedules
- When required to assist in other areas of the nursery including retail areas
- Be involved in the maintenance of equipment across the nursery
- Grounds maintenance across the nursery, replanting flowerbed displays
- Manage irrigation schedules and be involved in continuous improvement of growing techniques.
- Pest and disease management across the nursery
- The right candidate must have a good knowledge of plants and understanding of the horticultural world.
- The ability to manage a team in a positive and proactive manner
- Good communication skills and sales experience
- Ambitious, self-motivated, and methodical individual who can work on own initiative and well within a experienced team
- A passion for customer service
- Own transport is essential due to hours and location
- Previous management experience