Our client is an award winning Landscape design company looking for a Garden Maintenance Foreman to join their team
Specifically, we’re looking for someone who is communicative, confident and well versed in garden maintenance. Most importantly, you’ll have experience of leading a team or acting as a foreman.
You’ll be working on a diverse mix of projects in some of the most desirable locations in London and the Home Counties. From our own landscape designs to high-profile designer projects and private spaces, you’ll be working in both domestic and commercial spaces.
For an ambitious and dedicated Garden Maintenance Foreman, this is an exciting career opportunity to develop personally and work with the best in the business in a progressive and creative company.
- You’ll provide garden maintenance for an exciting mix of landscapes – from small gardens, to city courtyards, modern roof terraces and large country gardens
- You’ll diagnose and treat problems in plants and keep disease under control
- You’ll work with garden irrigation systems
- You’ll lead and manage a team, as well as ensuring their own job satisfaction and personal development
- You’ll liaise closely with clients – listening to their needs and providing excellent customer service
- You’ll work efficiently to tight deadlines, whilst keeping to health and safety and quality procedures
- You’ll arrive promptly for work and keep any appointments you make
- You’ll respond to emails efficiently and professionally
- You’ll join in with our company events and socials where possible, helping to build relationships with team members
- You’ll uphold our company values, outlined in our employee handbook
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- You’ll have at least 3 years of experience in gardening
- You’ll have 2 years of experience in a team leader or foreman role
- You’ll be qualified to at least Level 3 or equivalent (e.g. RHS, National Diploma etc.)
- You’ll have PA1 / PA6 training
- You’ll have an excellent working knowledge of plants and their needs, and how to diagnose disorders and treat problems
- You’ll have strong communication skills – you’ll provide great customer service, as well as being able to listen to and communicate with clients, staff and managers
- You’ll have staff management skills to effectively lead a team
- You’ll be able to use a range of small machinery
- And you’ll have a full clean driving license, with experience of van driving