Redditch Borough Council
Leisure and Cultural – Parks and Events Service
Parks Development Officer
Salary £29,577, - £33,782 per annum
37 hours per week – Permanent
We are seeking a high performing, knowledgeable, intuitive & progressive individual to work as part of our Parks and Events Team. During this ever so challenging times Parks have really been given the platform they deserve.
Do you have the skills to work and think in face paced environment? Are you keen to upskill develop and work in a variety of areas within Parks Management? Have you worked with Volunteers and enabled them in supporting Parks initiatives If yes? We are keen to hear from you. The role will support wider initiatives and programmes within a number of partnerships across the county.
The successful candidate will have the ability to be diverse in their approach and think in an extraordinary way. The role will support the Service Manager in providing strong effective and cohesive departmental management by using a transformational ‘systems thinking’ approach to ensure efficient and effective service delivery is implemented for our users, residents’ and customers.
Key areas of the post include:
- Management of the day- to- day delivery of the parks, allotments & playing pitch services.
- Customer, stakeholder and contractor liaison and management.
- Development of service and management improvement plans.
- Technical support to senior officers and elected members where necessary.
- Act as lead officer on Stewardship applications and ongoing contract management.
- Service contact for all matters relating to the Environment Agency, Biodiversity, Ecology, and all other environmental issues including relevant Water Management matters, horticultural practice, waste, and land management.
- Development and implementation of grounds maintenance and cleansing schedule across the parks service based on defined need and sustainability (including sports and playing pitches)
- Developing a robust programme around volunteer groups and leading on the development of the Greenspaces Forum.
- Lead on planning applications and manage expectations within partners and service areas.
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out regular one to ones and team meetings with staff under their direct supervision and attend team meetings across the Parks and Events Service.
Benefits of the post will include:
- Annual Leave – (Based on Full Time)
- 24 days up to 5 years’ service plus Bank Holidays
- 29 days 5 years + service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Local Government pension scheme
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY
Interviews date to be confirmed.
For further information and for an informal chat please contact Ishrat Karimi Fini – Parks & Events Service Manager 07713 085872
To apply please go to West Midlands Job website - https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/employer/1000/bromsgrove-and-redditch-councils/
If you experience any difficulties applying online, please contact our recruitment line on (01527) 64252 Ex 3416.
CV's will not be accepted.
If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, you should assume that unfortunately your application was not successful on this occasion.