Enfield Council have the following exciting opportunities. We are seeking experienced professionals to work within our Parks, Open Spaces and Leisure team.
The borough of Enfield holds a wide variety of Parks and Open Spaces, all of which are managed and maintained through our in-house service
Cemetery Team Leader
This exciting opportunity is for an experienced Cemetery and Crematorium professional to work within our Parks, Open Spaces and Leisure team. We have five cemeteries within the borough, all of which are managed and maintained through our in-house service team.
The role provides an opportunity to join a dedicated, supportive and forward-thinking team who welcome innovation and embrace change, supporting the continued development of the service and department.
The successful applicant will be experienced within the cemetery and crematorium industry, hold a positive, pro-active approach and the ability to deal with working in a sensitive environment with changing priorities and workloads.
A key aspect of the Cemetery Team Leader will be to provide operational service delivery throughout the borough’s cemeteries, which includes burial provision, maintenance of the grounds, participating and supporting services within the grounds of the cemeteries.
A full driving licence and participation in a scheduled weekend rota is required for this role
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office-based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
We encourage and support continual personal development, for an informal discussion regarding the role please contact Marcus Harvey, Head of Parks, Open Spaces and Leisure on 0208 132 0857.
Closing date: 23:59 Monday 15th February 2021
Interview dates: 25th & 26th February 2021
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Vickie McGrath on 0208 132 1053 or email@example.com.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for this post.