Our client builds gardens for many of the country’s leading garden designers and landscape architects. The gardens are built by teams skilled in hard landscape construction and are complimented by soft landscape teams who have horticulture at their heart.
Our client now has an exciting vacancy for a Hard Landscape Foreman to join their team based in London. You will be working on projects located in London and Home Counties. Reporting to a Contracts Manager you will play a key role within the construction team responsible for the delivery of multidisciplinary hard and soft landscape projects. These contracts will be in both the private and commercial sectors. The ideal candidate will currently be employed in a similar role or looking for promotion into such a role.
- Setting out the works – line and level (advance setting out will be done by our surveyors)
- Groundworks, including excavations, foundations, drainage and services
- Paving installation, including natural stone, clay and concrete products
- Occasional brickwork
- Occasional stone walling
- Working to health & safety and quality procedures
- Liaison with our contracts manager, clients, main contractors and landscape design team
- Supervision of a landscape team
- Co-ordination with sub-contractors
- Site records, including site diary, delivery notes progress and photographs
- You will have excellent attention to detail
- Significant technical ability in hard landscape construction
- The ability to communicate well with all team members
- You will be self-motivated and committed with a desire to achieve great things for yourself and the business
- Ideally you will hold technical and CSCS qualifications/SSSTS
In return you will receive a competitive salary dependent upon experience.