Our London-based client are seeking a Head of operations to join their team. This role has overall responsibility for the delivery of the company’s Maintenance and Soft Landscaping Services, to a standard commensurate with a high-end service.
The Head of Maintenance Operations plans and manages the delivery of upwards of 45 maintenance contracts for luxury domestic gardens and small, prestigious commercial contracts across West London and Surrey, including managing the seasonal requirements for replanting, planning future works and further rejuvenating areas of gardens for clients, all of whom we have retained for many years.
Collaborating with the divisional heads within Design and Construction on shared projects and reporting to the Construction Director, the roleholder is a core part of the Senior Management Team and will be expected to be self-motivated and understand the autonomy and responsibility which is commensurate with the position.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Industry experience, knowledge and qualifications
- Experience in a similar role
- Extensive practical experience in a horticultural field and the delivery of maintenance projects to a faultless standard
- Ability to adapt maintenance regimes according to seasonal requirements
- Diverse and detailed plant knowledge to design schemes and source stock for seasonal planting changes on projects as well as guiding other team members on timings of various horticultural operations
- Broad understanding of plant physiology and soil science
- Knowledge and understanding of plant P&D and treatment options
- Detailed knowledge of plant biological requirements, pruning times and techniques and plant management and maintenance techniques
- Detailed knowledge of Health & Safety regulations and comfortable producing RAMS, Operative procedures, checklists and other working documents
- First Aid at Work
- SMSTS (Site Manager Safety Training Scheme) qualification or similar relevant experience.
- CSCS Card (desirable)
- Team leading – confidence to provide clear direction and inspire those around you, promptly and efficiently addressing personnel issues and training and development needs
- Experience managing multiple teams in multiple locations
- Excellent and effective communication skills at all levels
- Relationship-building - effective stakeholder management, both internally and external to the organisation, and ability to liaise comfortably with clients, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem solver - ability to identify and resolve issues with speed
- Results focused - focused on proactively delivering value that will directly lead to achievement of business results
- Resilience – comfortable working in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining a positive and flexible attitude with an ability to motivate others
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Strong organisation skills
- Computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- numerate and able to cost various landscape operations to order materials required and determine time allowances for the delivery of operations within the division
- Full, clean driving license
This role is 80% office based in South West London and 20% site based.
Only candidates matching this criteria will be contacted.