We are seeking an experienced eCommerce Manager to join a successful entrepreneurial garden products business at an exciting growth stage. This new role has been created to expand and strengthen our management team to enable us to achieve our growth targets over the next few years.
Over the past 12 years we have grown into one of the UK’s best-selling plant food brands and have delivered millions of professional-grade garden products to happy home gardeners. The gardening market, indoor and out, is blooming and we are at an exciting and pivotal stage in our company journey with big plans for 2021, particularly expanding our award-winning website and growing our Ecommerce business. You don’t need to be an expert gardener to join us, but you do need to be passionate about growing brands and the online opportunities for the gardening lifestyle market.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic and highly motivated, eCommerce Manager to be the driving force behind the development of our website and web trading strategy to achieve our ambitious growth targets and significant online potential. Reporting to the eCommerce Director and working with our small buying, web and design team, you will be a motivated self-starter - adaptable, flexible, results orientated & able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment but this is a great opportunity to really ‘make a difference’ within the business.
- Full ownership and management of multiple website and Amazon sales channels
- Establishing KPI’s with the wider business and management team
- Leading the web team through weekly calls, monthly trading meetings and seasonal merchandising meetings
- Ensuring product flow is closely managed in collaboration with despatch warehouse partners
- Closely working with affiliated teams (buying, marketing, despatch, finance) to keep business aligned behind website KPI’s
- Aligning web promotions with activity with other key customers to ensure there are no clashes or competing price promotions.
- Continual monitoring of stock levels
- Escalation point for customer service enquiries should the email and phone team be unable to answer
- Communicating with any 3rd party service providers (eg. payment processors) and control of costs for these
- Working closely with buying/merchandising team to develop online trading plans for each website/sales channel
- Sales monitoring and weekly reporting to whole business
- Stock management alongside buying team to ensuring stock is available for key products or promotional activity.
- Monitoring onsite activity, customer demographics and behaviour and developing marketing opportunities and email campaigns
- Ensuring new products and any promotional bundles are briefed to, and signed off by, all stakeholders – including 3rd party despatcher warehouses.
- Liaising with web editorial team to tie in content produced with key products or promotional activity.
- Manage Digital Marketing Executive and work closely with internal and external marketing resource to develop seasonal marketing plans to drive traffic to sites (utilising both online and offline marketing channels and advertising tools)
- Managing Amazon advertising to drive sales throughout the season.
- Preparing and creating design briefs for online and print marketing opportunities (such as web pages, asset redesign, order inserts), establishing timelines to meet deadlines.
- Collaborating and working together with in-house web developer and designers to proactively manage all aspects of the web sites.
- Ensuring that order processing and product upload is aligned with all internal and external system requirements.
- Monitoring and assessing use of any paid software plugins
Systems and reporting
- Weekly presenting of web sales and monitoring against monthly targets
- Monthly presentation of progress against KPI’s, information from analytics, performance of key promotional activity and email campaigns.
- Use of web analytics to inform decision making and improve customer experience.
Competencies and Skills required
- You will be a versatile professional with excellent commercial acumen and strong functional knowledge of trading an online retail business.
- Demonstrable experience of developing digital sales and marketing strategies and delivering eCommerce revenue growth in a B2C environment.
- Significant experience in website management, using analytics tools to track and optimise digital performance and understand customer behaviour.
- Experience of working most recently in a stand-alone role or as part of a small team.
- Strong project management and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload effectively.
- A great team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the resilience and adaptability to operate in a small business environment.
- At least two years' experience in a similar role.
- A degree or equivalent is desirable.
Full-time position based in Chiswick, West London with some flexible home working. (Home based during the pandemic)
24 days holiday per annum
Medical insurance after probationary period
Salary 50K+ depending on experience.
To apply please send your CV together with a covering letter outlining why you think you are the right person to join us.