Boningale Nurseries is one of the leading suppliers of ornamental plants to the domestic and commercial landscaping market. As a result of continued growth, we are looking to strengthen our team and currently have a vacancy for a Junior Horticulture Buyer.
The right candidate will be required to source stock of the correct quality, quantity and cost in a timely manner, so that agreed stock levels and orders can be fulfilled as required.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in all areas of the buying process as required by the Purchasing Manager.
- Build and maintain good relationships with existing and new suppliers.
- Raising buying lists and communicating requirements with suppliers.
- To help with the continual updating of the knowledge base of our Purchasing, Sales & Marketing teams regarding our Suppliers current range of items and scope for future growth.
- Develop and maintain catalogues of information regarding suppliers’ range of supply and prices.
- Working with the Purchasing Manager source and develop communications and build relationships with possible new suppliers for supply of new and existing items.
- To assist the Purchasing Manager with the supplier selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity and reliability.
- Ensure the quality and specification of all items purchased meet or exceed that agreed with the Suppliers.
- Working closely with the Purchasing Manager and our supply base, continuously review and forecast market trends and identify changes which could affect margins, reporting movements to the business in a timely manner.
- To work with a continuous improvement mind set engaging with other functions within the Supply Chain to deliver measurable savings that are beneficial to the company.
- Liaising with the Customer Service and Despatch Team to ensure the smooth running of both Goods – Inwards and the Despatch operation.
- Support with purchasing, the negotiation and tendering process in other business areas such as In-Direct contracts, Transport and Logistics, office equipment and consumables on an ad hoc basis.
- Working with the Purchasing team identify solutions and possible suppliers of short-term supply item issues.
- Strive for improved efficiencies within the Purchasing process.
- Maintaining stock levels to agreed Min/ Max levels.
- Horticultural knowledge is essential
- Highly organised and have the ability to prioritise and allocate time effectively
- Multitasking ability
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills Knowledge of purchasing and supply chain systems, like MRP/ERP systems would be an advantage
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- IT skills specifically in Microsoft office and Excel
- A self-motivated individual who can work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Full driving licence
- Office based role
- Normal working hours are 8.00-17.00 Monday to Friday (working additional hours as necessary during peak times)
- Salary dependant on experience
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
To apply, please send your CV along with a Covering Letter by clicking on the Apply Now button below.