We're looking for Seasonal Gardeners to assist in maintaining horticultural elements of the All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) and All England Community Sports Ground (AECCSG) site to a high standard including car parking areas.
Founded in 1868, The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) is a private members' club which organises and stages The Championships, Wimbledon.
The AELTC has delivered substantial top line growth in recent years and expects that growth to continue in conjunction with an ambitious investment programme in the years ahead, including the construction of a retractable roof over No.1 Court.
The Horticultural Services Department designs and delivers the landscaping in accordance with the Strategic Plan to encompass multiple sites. We provide landscaping at the heart of 'Tennis in an English Garden' adding up to 15,000 additional plants to enhance the site and experience for spectators, members and visitors. Throughout the rest of the year the site is maintained and managed to a high standard by an established and experienced horticultural team.
This supports the AELTC's goal of delivering the world's premier tennis tournament and to support one of the world's most prestigious tennis clubs.
- Support the delivery of the Tournament overlay to include the AELTC and AECCSG site, Wimbledon Queue, Wimbledon Park Golf Club, Apex Hospitality areas.
- Planting and plant management to include feeding, watering, weeding, clearing, pruning, strimming, blowing and hedge cutting.
- Maintain health, safety and security in the workplace and comply with company procedures and guidelines, including manual handling procedures.
- To assist in the care and daily maintenance of all equipment and tools.
- Take personal responsibility to be in clean and presentable AELTC uniform during working hours.
- On a day to day basis flexibility will be required to work across the Horticultural Services Department and Groundstaff Department as required.
- Any other duties within the department deemed necessary by the Head Gardener.
- Basic working hours are normally 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday, with one hour of unpaid breaks per day, although flexibility is required to meet the demands of the job, including working overtime when needed.
- During The Championships a different pattern of hours will be required to include an earlier starting time and some additional hours will be required to meet the demands of the job (in previous years staff have worked from 6am to 2pm).
- Please note, it will be necessary to work weekends before, during and after The Championships (including Middle Sunday).
- Any other duties within the scope of the post as may be required.
- Horticultural knowledge and practical experience gained in a professional environment
- Current full driving licence
- Basic numeracy
- Good verbal communication to meet job requirements
- Able to meet deadlines
- Willing to work extra hours and days in the build up to, and during, The Championships
- Organised, efficient, professional and reliable
- Positive, flexible approach to work
- Able to lift and carry heavy loads
- Able to build good working relationships at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Studying towards achieving, or in receipt of, RHS Level 2 Horticultural qualification or equivalent
- PA1 and PA6 training
- Experience of operating machinery i.e. forklift/MEWP e.g. Genie or Scissorlift