idverde are wholly dedicated to providing green services and passionate about ensuring a bright future for Britain’s parks and countryside. Our services range from professional open space management, to landscape design and build, grounds maintenance, tree surgery, outdoor facilities management, biodiversity management and waterways management. We care for parks and gardens, amenity green space, playing fields, woodlands and cemeteries.
We are currently recruiting for:
Job Title: Contract Supervisor
Location: Telford / Warwick
Salary: Up to £27,500 + benefits
Responsibilities of the Contract Supervisor will fall across several areas, including relationship building; client/customer care; people management and contract delivery. Some of the key responsibilities are detailed below:
- You will demonstrate good people management skills through holding regular 1-2-1’s with the staff
- Manage any employee relations issues, utilising support from HR, within the parameters of Company policies
- Adhere to HR processes and procedures
- Ensure all HR matters are dealt with accordingly and passed to the operations manager /Contract Manager if necessary
- Monitor time and attendance and the collation and processing of timesheets for payroll Build and maintain client relationships, creating a positive impression and demonstrating a proactive attitude
- Coordinate teams according to contract specifications and workload
- Monitor work progress and performance, taking prompt action when needed and reporting any irregularities or problems to the Contract Manager
- Take responsibility for keeping machinery and equipment in good working condition and reporting any faults as per the Company process, as well as processing logs in relation to mileage and fuel as and when requested
- Ensure that all members of staff behave in a professional manner: wear the correct corporate clothing, keep vehicles and machinery clean and well maintained and that sites are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Understand the law relating to Health & Safety and understand and implement the company’s Health & Safety policy. Completion of Accident and near miss reports
Health and Safety is also an integral part of the role as the individual will be responsible for ensuring the safety of the site and team members. Duties will also include monitoring absences and holidays of the team to ensure that there is adequate cover on site at all times and also the completion of monthly timesheets to ensure payments are made accurately.
Skills/Qualifications and Experience
To be successful in this role we are looking for an individual with a good, all round knowledge of grounds maintenance and cleansing together with leadership qualities who can assist management in implementing Company Policies and Practices. You will have strong communication skills and be able to liaise with management at all levels to build and maintain excellent client relationships. You will have the confidence and ability to challenge ideas as appropriate and will have the ability to guide and train others on horticultural practices.
Essential criteria: -
- A full driving licence
- Experience in a similar role
- A Grounds maintenance or cleansing qualification
To be considered for this role please click the Apply button and send an up to date CV, alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
idverde is an Equal Opportunities employer
Please note, external candidates will be considered at the same time and alongside internal candidates.