Our client is a renowned, award winning landscape design and build company. They offer a complete garden service from the designer’s original concept, through construction and maintenance.
They are seeking a Maintenance Manager to join their team working on very high-end properties within London and the Home Counties.
They require a highly self-motivated person with excellent horticultural knowledge who is capable of working on their own initiative and in collaboration with management at the office to maintain top-end gardens. This is a management role overseeing several teams both static and mobile. This is also partly a hands-on role which will involve driving from site to site and applicants must therefore have a full, clean driving licence. This would be suited to an individual who is looking to take on a role and help to grow the business and move it forward.
- Excellent horticultural knowledge
- Ability to deal with clients professionally and diplomatically
- Ability to act pro-actively in ensuring all gardens stay well maintained
- Confident driving skills, ideally with experience driving in London
- People management and programming of maintenance teams
- Be proactive and have strong people skills
- Be ambitious
- Proven maintenance management record of high-quality gardens
- Track record of organising teams and liaising with clients and senior managers
- Overseeing teams to carry out general garden maintenance, including mowing, pruning, mulching, tree and shrub planting and encouraging development of new plants as well as careful monitoring of watering and irrigation systems
- Liaising with clients/designers, dealing with all queries and snagging issues on maintenance sites
- Visiting each site regularly to ensure that all maintenance procedures are up to date and recorded
- Pro-active approach to deal with issues which arise on site, before the clients bring them to our attention
- Ability to up-sale maintenance through additional seasonal services
- Liaising with and updating the Director/Contracts Manager on all maintenance matters
- Keeping accurate records of daily works and corresponding costs
- Following set procedures on Health and Safety, working practices and reporting all issues to do with the well-being of the clients’ gardens
- Enforcing strict H&S procedures and training where required
- Organising and arranging seasonal programme of works for ground operatives
- Carrying out general administrative duties within the office